Ozzie Pozzie Backpackers
Port O'Call Motel(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
US$73
Koala Tree Motel(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
US$83
Ramada Resort Flynns Beach(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Mantra The Observatory(Port Macquarie)
US$166
Elvoline
Mercure Centro Port Macquarie(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$109
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
Rydges Port Macquarie(Port Macquarie)
US$151
US$143
  • Free Internet
Ki-ea Apartments(Port Macquarie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmovie roomreading roomair hockeytable tennisbooked a double roombig kitchennight busstayed longerone nightfantastic hostelfacilities are greatpool area isperfect place to staywhale watchingminute walkport macfree wifi
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I spent there only 2 nights but i really enjoyed my time at ozzie pozzie. My greyhound bus arrived really late at night (around midnight) but the staff arranged a pick up from the bus station.
The hostel is really nice, lovely paintings on the walls, parrots, great swimming pool, an open living room with hundreds of movies and cosy rooms. The staff recommended a whale watching trip with a speed boat which was great fun!
One of the best hostels i stayed in Oz!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Let me start off by saying that in terms of location and facilities, this was one of the best hostels we have stayed in. The hostel is very close to the town centre and there is a free shuttle to the bus stop which was great as we are travelling on the greyhound bus. The facilities were also really good at this hostel. It is a brilliant place to go back and relax in a comfortable room or in one of the great communal areas. However the staff here were not good at all. The men here walk around with faces like thunder all day and don't say a word to any of the guests. Once they have finished their work in the morning they seem to sit by the pool all day drinking. All of the guests seem like a massive inconvenience to them which makes the atmosphere quite uncomfortable. At one point we witnessed one of these older men be extremely rude behind on of the female guests back in the pool area. The other men found this quite amusing. On our final day here a new quest arrived but the office was closed. I let the staff by the pool know someone was wanting to check in to which one of the men replied "just let him wait" and the women who was actually on duty replied "I'm too hungover to go and help him now any way". The guest waited there for a couple of hours before leaving. Such a shame about the awful staff here, this would be a brilliant hostel without them.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I loved Port Macquarie, small enough to be quaint but large enough to be interesting .

Local buses don't seem to run very often (especially on Sundays) and they don't seem to coincide with trains very well neither. I arrived at Wauchope (nearest station) on a Sunday and very was grateful to the hostel for arranging a car pick-up, although the $20 may be too pricy for some. Left mid-week but needed the car service again rather than wait for hours at the station.

I think this hostel has upgraded a lot since becoming YHA affiliated as some of the negatives mentioned in the Lonely Planet (such as uncomfortable beds) were not true. The hostel is clean, comfy, with great facilities and just a short walk to the shops and restaurants. There's a creek a short walk away too where I was able to see koalas in their natural habitat.

There's a nice pool, great TV room, lots of communal space and options to play pool, table tennis, chess etc or just relax in the reading room.

The staff here are really friendly and really helpful - I needed to do a bit of copying and scanning with some paperwork and it was no worries.

But the hostel's highlight is Cheeky, the resident Rainbow Lorikeet. He's happy to sit on your shoulder and talk to you, especially if you have some fruit for him.

The only negative thing I experienced related to the room. The 4-bed dorm was pretty small but clean and comfy. However, with just 2 small windows for ventilation and no fan, it was unbelievably hot. And this is in November when it's not even hot outside yet - I would hate to be in the room mid-Summer.

I thought about making my review score 4 stars instead of 5 because of this, but Cheeky promised he'd get the staff to look into fans for the room if I gave the hostel 5 stars, so here we are. How cheeky!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Definitely one of my favourite hostels on my trip along the Eastcoast. First of all the staff was great, they were so helpful and really fun to hang around. I stayed in a 6-share dorm which I only had to share with two other girls, so there definitely was enough space. The room and our private bathroom were really clean, aswell as the kitchen and pool area. The hostel was only a 5 minute walking distance away from Port Macquaries town center but the staff still picked us up from the busstop and drove us there on our last day. The atmosphere in the hostel was super chilled and the pool area was perfect to get to know new people!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in January 2013 in a double room. The room wasn't bad and was clean enough although a major downside was that the room had no air con or fan and when the temperature is still in the high 20's, early 30's at night, it makes it very difficult to sleep. We shared a bathroom but was only with one other room which wasn't too bad. They have a weekly BBQ/wine night which was good and gives you a chance to meet fellow travellers however get there early to get a seat. The hostel was about a 20 minute walk to coles and about 40 minutes to the koala hospital. The kitchen wasn't great and didn't have many utensils but this wasn't a massive issue-just try and cook when it's a bit quieter. Overall we enjoyed our stay here. I've given this hostel a 'poor' rating for sleep quality based purely on our experience of hot weather and no air on, and a 'poor' rating for value as we paid $90 for a private double which is very expensive compared to the rest of the East Coast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple