My husband and I stayed at Sails resort from Thursday 17th April till Saturday 19th of April. I booked this accommodation because they were offering a special deal for Easter. Also if I joined the priority guests we would get more discounts. While deciding whether to book or not online a pop up box appeared and offered me a room upgrade if I proceeded. I booked and requested a room with a waterview. We were given room 244. It was a very spacious room with a separate bedroom. It had a waterview however we had to look accross the top of a tin roof. It had a large private balcony. There was a kitchenette however the microwave had no plate in it.
The bed was dreamy as advertised however the pillows weren't.
There was a spa bath which we weren't expecting. Small but still a spa bath. The bathroom door had water damage on the bottom of it. The blockout curtain in the bedroom was disconnected on one end so the sun blasted in.
This room is normally $199.00 per night. We got the room for $135.00 per night as a priority guest with a buffett breakfast. This was also part of the Easter special deal.
The people in the next door stayed up late the first night till at least 1am playing a loud computer game that vibrated through the wall and there was also a humming noise like a motor that cut in and out all night. We had very poor sleep our first night because of these things.
We spoke to reception about the noisy neighbours. We were told to ring security if it happens again. I asked reception if they were going to speak to the people themselves. They were reluctant as these people were staying longer than us. We were eventually told that they would speak to the manager about talking to the noisy neighbours. No one did because it started again the next night. This time the receptionist on duty rang the neighbours and asked them to turn the noise down which they did. Unfortunately the humming engine cutting in and out type noise continued all night. Again we had poor sleep. We told reception about this humming noise and we were told well you got that room for $135.00 and it's usually $200. That's beside the point. We came here for two days to relax and rest. You had a special deal on. That doesn't mean you give your customers poor service. If you offer a special deal you should still give the same service. If you offer an upgrade it should be an upgrade. Also if one guest is staying longer it doesn't mean they should be treated better than the guest staying for a shorter period.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges on Pelican Bay - Port Macquarie's only absolute waterfront resort. Whether you're travelling for work or play we will endeavour to make your stay relaxed and comfortable. Enjoy the relaxed, tranquil setting and experience the highest level of service and leisure facilities, now with Free Unlimited Wi-Fi. Our Port Macquarie Hotel has 83 fully appointed rooms provide room service and 24 hour reception for our guests.Conveniently located a few minutes from the CBD. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges Hotel provides easy access to the Glasshouse entertainment venue, main beach, shops, restaurants, bars and night spots. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is a unique venue providing professional conference facilities in tranquil surroundings. Every conference, meeting and event is tailored to suit your need. Our Port Macquarie Hotel offers 6 versatile meeting rooms, catering for up to 150 delegates. Our experienced team will personally manage your event from the initial enquiry through to the successful completion. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is half a day's drive north from Sydney and three hours from Newcastle. Port Macquarie is serviced by multiple daily flights from Sydney and Brisbane. Travelling by car from Sydney, follow the Pacific Highway and take the Port Macquarie exit turning right onto Hastings River Drive. Follow this road until you reach a roundabout and turn left into Park Street. Complimentary parking is available in the resort's off-street private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Sails Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Inn Port Macquarie