“Outstanding Value for Money”
Review of Beach Blue Resort

Beach Blue Resort
Reviewed 7 April 2013

It may have been the right time to book in a low period, but a friend and I made a booking over the phone the same day we arrived in Port Macquarie and were given a fantastic rate of $150 per night for 2 nights. This gave us both a 2 bedroom apartment, one with a balcony and the other with a courtyard. Yes, the offsite office is a little unusual, but not at all difficult and the lady who served us (Chloe?) was very helpful. The accommodation itself was fantastic and very roomy. The bed was comfortable and the location was superb with the beach directly over the road out the front of the property. The rooms were both very clean and the kitchen well stocked. A great place to stay and I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid neighbour's noise and get an ocean view, ask for a top floor apartment.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
BeachBlueResort, Manager at Beach Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for your review Leerja74!
I passed on your kind words to Chloe, she was very pleased :)
We are so glad you chose us enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again next time.
The Beach Blue team.

There are newer reviews for Beach Blue Resort

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The wonderful service started with picking up the keys after hours, to find a lovely welcome pack including chocolate eggs for each member of our family! It was a rainy night and the only negative thing I can say about this property is that it is poorly signposted. It wasn't immediately clear from the instructions that this property actually shares real estate with Flynns Beach Resort, so you need to use the Flynns Beach Resort entrance.

However, everything else about this apartment was amazing! We had a lower level unit which includes a HUGE courtyard, unfortunately due to the rain we couldn't spend that much time out there. The living area is also massive, plenty of room for a family to move around and not feel cramped. A good size kitchen includes large fridge/freezer, cooktop, microwave and dishwasher. There is lounge seating for 5, a big dining table with seating for 5, as well as a desk with free wired internet (paid wireless is also available). TV has all the usual SD and HD free to air regional channels, as well as a selection of Foxtel/Austar channels (Fox Sports, Sky News, Nickelodeon and Movies).

The bedrooms are also a good size, with the main having a beautiful king size bed, and the other with two single beds. The bathroom has a combined shower / spa bath which was very relaxing! There is a separate toilet, as well as a cupboard with washing machine, dryer and tub.

Location is great, right opposite Flynns Beach and a short walk to shops and cafes. It would be so easy (and affordable) to spend a couple of weeks here, it's a pity we only had two nights. However we look forward to staying here again the next time we are in Port. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Don't be disappointed if all the balcony units are sold out - the courtyard units are also fanta...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
BeachBlueResort, Manager at Beach Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

What a lovely review - thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us!

Nice to meet you and your family, and we are so glad you enjoyed the apartment and resort.
Yes it is a pain for us that both resorts aren't allowed to have signage on our shared property! We try to deal with this by calling our guests before they arrive as well as putting directions on paperwork, however more and more of our guests are becoming repeat visitors so they already know where it is which is nice :)
We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Port Mac and are pleased to offer you a return guests discount.
(Glad you enjoyed the choccy eggs - Happy Easter!

The Beach Blue Resort family

Reviewed 21 January 2013

My husband & I originally were booked to stay at Beach Blue Resort for a couple of nights but we loved it so much we stayed for a weeks holiday. When we arrived we were amazed at how clean & modern the apartment was. The views from the balcony were fantastic. I must say the Management & staff were so friendly & they made our stay very relaxing. I would highly reccommend Beach Blue Resort for either a 1 night stay or a couple of weeks depending on how long you want to stay. There is so much for you to do, it is close to shops, beaches, restaurants, nature walks or just relaxing in your room. My husband & I will certainly be returning for our holiday.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
BeachBlueResort, Manager at Beach Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Wow, thank you for your lovely review and rating Chris M!

We love that you enjoyed your ocean views and clean modern apartment.
Our staff put a lot of effort into keeping our resort and apartments sparkling and welcoming for our guests, so it's lovely to hear your kind words ~ I will pass on the compliments :)
We are very fortunate to be located 300m from Flynn's Beach, shops, restaurants, cafes and many attractions & holiday activities.
Since you will be returning for your holiday, we would love to offer you a repeat customer discount!
Just mention this review when you next book.

Thanks again,
Beach Blue Resort

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We have stayed at many places in Port Macquaurie over the past 30+ years, none as wonderful as Beach Blue, pretty much right on the water at Flynns Beach.
The resort is amazing with pools, tennis and restaurant.
I can't say enough about this resort and the management who were extremely helpful and friendly. They have obviously lived in Port for a long time and were a great help finding places to go that we had not seen before even after so many years of holidaying there.
Thanks again for a wonderful stay, we will be back

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Dugald,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and are always so pleased to hear that our guests are happy with our apartments, resort facilities, beachside location and friendly customer service.
Positive reviews such as this one make all of our efforts and hard work feel appreciated :)
We look forward to seeing you again,

From the Beach Blue team

Reviewed 2 January 2013

My family and i stayed at Beach Blue resort on our way home from QLD. I was surprised at how the resort was run. I was a little bit hesitant when booking as the website directed me to a mobile number to call and make a booking so i instead booked online. I received a confirmation letter and arrived at the address '68 Pacific Drive' however when i went to the reception they told me they couldnt find my booking as the reception is for 'Flynns Beach Resort' and i might be staying at the apartments next door. I was given a number to call and asked to drive to the other side of town to pick up my keys as they didnt have an office or reception at this address. With a 6 month old baby who was tired and crying, all we wanted to do was get to our apartment and not drive further than we had to.

No information was given to us about the area and things to do so we had to go back to the reception of Flynns Beach Resort and talk to the girls there, who were very helpful and gave us information and showed us were some great restaurants and cafes were!

The apartment was up a number of stairs and with a baby it made it very difficult trying to get up and down whenever we wanted to go anywhere. Bugs in the cupboards and didnt want to spray anything due to my little one but had to get my husband to do it while i took my baby out as they were so bad.

Stay elsewhere if possible!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
BeachBlueResort, Owner at Beach Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Sue,
Thank you for your feedback.

As most of the concerns raised in your review are mentioned and addressed in the previous review, I will keep our response brief.

We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay ☹

As our website, online sites and confirmation letter state we are managed at our offsite office. This is located on the way to the resort when driving into Port Macquarie from the highway, so we are sorry if there was any confusion as to where to pick up your key. Our office also has many pamphlets and our super friendly local staff are always happy to offer suggestions for activities, restaurants etc

We assure you the brief visit by those few pesky cockys has been ended and we would love to put you in one of our premium courtyard apartments (on the ground level – minimal stairs..) should you like to stay with us again.

Apart from these minor issues did you enjoy the spa, the resort grounds, pools & your balcony view? We hope so!

Thanks again for taking the time to review us,
From the Beach Blue family, we wish you a happy new year!

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I arrived in the afternoon to 68 Pacific Drive to check in to our 2 Bedroom Apartment we had booked online. However upon entering the recpetion office on site I was told by the lady in reception that she could not locate our reservation and were we perhaps staying at Beach Blue Resort next door? I went back to the car and looked at my paperwork . I went back to lady in the office and she was polite (we have stayed there before and didnt realise we had booked a different place)and gave me the managers mobile number as she had advised me I would be collecting the keys offsite from her. Well not only did the mobile number just go straight to message bank it took nearly an hour for my call to be returned. Finally we were able to check in although the lady said she would have to check us in in the carpark of the building so we did not have to drive to get the keys.

When we were greeted it was by a lady who was lovely enough although sweaty and carrying a bumbag around her waist. To me this seemed most unprofessional especially since I thought I had a booked a 4.5 star rated hotel.After shaking hands and getting the keys we entered the apartment after battling the stairs(we are older and 50 stairs with luggage is quite a haul)only to find the cupbaords in kitchen running with cockraches. Our lounge was quite shabby and had wear marks on it and the curtains had mould spots on it.
I think for anyone out there looking for a great deal.. often it is to good to be true and you should stick with what you know.
We will be booking back at the resort next door to Beach Blue as our last stay there was perfect.
Plus for us we enjoy having a recpetion where we can ask for help/ recommendations etc. Staying in those other units were isolated and offered no service.

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor units.The beach view was blocked by trees and the stairs were killers on the leg...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
BeachBlueResort, Manager at Beach Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear “oldfoogey”

Thank you for your feedback, we are always looking for ways to better accommodate our guests.

Although we are on the same property, we are separate to Flynns Beach Resort. Unfortunately only one resort is allowed to manage from onsite, so our website, all of our online booking sites, booking confirmation and email all provide information on where our key pick up office is located, as well as all relevant check-in & check-out details.

As our resort is family owned and managed, we clean the apartments ourselves so my sister may have been a little hot when she greeted you, and December is the hottest part of summer. Our guests usually meet us at our lovely offsite office which I assure you is most professional, but we thought you may like to go straight to your room as you had been waiting at the resort.

In the hotter summer months we have noticed some cockroaches appear in only 2 of our apartments, which we have exterminated and now constantly monitor. We apologise for any inconvenience these little pests may have caused!

We have courtyard (floor level) apartments available which have a minimal amount of stairs for our guests who prefer it or have problems with mobility, and we can allocate these apartments if we are aware of your preference when booking.

As we always say to our guests, please call if you need anything and we are always more than happy to recommend restaurants and holiday activities. We also have many pamphlets and information on local attractions and restaurants at our offsite office where guests pick up their keys from.

We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay, most of our guests have a wonderful time and are valued repeat customers. Should you want to stay with us again, we will do our best to accommodate your needs, and if availability permits there could be a ground level apartment with your name on it ☺

The Beach Blue family.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We only stayed a night unfortunately as we had a wedding to attend. Right from the start of booking it became clear that the owners were a class act. They were extremely helpful and frankly a pleasure to deal with. The property was excellent, clean and faultless. A great location and central to everything. Highly recommended we will be back next time we are in Port Macquarie. Would recommend this establishment to all of our friends. Beach straight across the road, lovely grounds, spacious apartment. Fantastic for couples or families or anyone who wants a time to remember.

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden courtyard which was great, quiet and had a very relaxing feel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family