Booked here on the basis of tripadvisor reviews and I have to say we were disappointed.
Rooms are modern, we stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was well equipped. Looking at the studios as we checked out they looked fine too.
But whereas other reviewers praised the service of this hotel, we found it very lacking. it's worthwhile to note that we just finished a 2 week trip where we stayed at several different hotels from a range of budget to luxury. This is the first place I've ever stayed at short of a backpackers that didn't have any info about the hotel in the room. And because we arrived late on a Sunday afternoon there was literally noone around to ask anything of. It took us ages to try and figure out how to connect to the internet and finally at 11:30pm, having decided to try if connection was only available at the lobby, we were given the details to connect to the restaurant's wireless by a waitress who came past.
Considering they put as one of their key features free internet, I found this rather annoying and a little strange.
Checking out service wasn't really much better. And we left feeling bothered and annoyed at the end of a holiday that had been really great and relaxing.
Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend this place to my friends but wouldn't advise advise against it also. Would suggest to the management of this hotel to just look at the little things, like an information booklet in the rooms, outlining the hotel features and how to connect to internet and things like that. We met 2 other couples in the lift who had the same opinions. It's a shame cause the rooms are certainly nice enough. I'll be staying elsewhere next time I'm in the area. And would suggest that a little more information and better service would go a long way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macquarie Waters is a multi-award winning 4.5 star boutique apartment hotel conveniently located in the heart of Port Macquarie & just a short stroll to the waterfront, beaches and shopping. Choose from stylish hotel rooms or 1, 2 & 3 bedroom self-contained apartments - spa and ocean view rooms are available. Perfect for corporate and leisure travellers, all rooms feature large TVs with 80+ Foxtel channels and FREE Wi-Fi. Experience our friendly, professional service and FREE secure car parking. Relax in the heated outdoor pool & spa or hot tub on the roof deck with water views. During the warmer months we also screen movies by the pool! Eat at our popular restaurant, The Corner open daily from 7am for casual dining (closed Sunday from 3pm) or enjoy FREE room service delivery. 2015 Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide & 2014 Gourmet Traveller 1 Glass Award. Proud winners of the 2014 NSW Tourism Awards - Gold for Deluxe Accommodation and 2014 Australian Tourism Awards - Bronze for Deluxe Accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macquarie Waters Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macquarie Waters Hotel Apartments
- Macquarie Waters Motel Apartments