“Quite exceptional food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Stunned Mullet

The Stunned Mullet
Price range: US$23 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingscliff, Australia
“Quite exceptional food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The presentation, quality, style, and variation of food and the friendly attentive knowledgeable staff made this evening memorable. Cost was acceptable for such a good experience.

Visited April 2014
THESTUNNEDMULLE... P, Owner at The Stunned Mullet, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thanks boggle103 for your great review of our restaurant. We work hard on all the aspects of our services you've mentioned and are delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us.

“Very Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My mum , sister and I had lunch at The Stunned Mullet to celebrate mum's birthday. The food was delicious we had the mixed oysters, mum and my sister had the blue eyed trevalla and I the pork belly with seared scallops. While the oysters were absolutely magnificent and the pork belly with scallops succulent, those who had the fish thought it a little overcooked.

We had the Cassegrain Verdelho the perfect accompaniment. I have to say the service was excellent, our waiter was James who was very knowledgeable about both the food and wine and kept us well hydrated and entertained during our visit.

I would certainly return here, a great dining experience.

Thank you Narelle R for your considered review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.
Port Macquarie
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My boyfriend and I dined here for a special occasion and could not have picked a better spot. Service was consistent and so lovely, the staff found time for everyone even on a busy night. The food was lovely, I had the pork belly and the duck and both were far superior to anything I've had before. Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank foodisfab
THESTUNNEDMULLE... P, Owner at The Stunned Mullet, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thanks Foodisfab for your great review of The Stunned Mullet. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you again.
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I had a lovely meal here about two weeks ago. We started off with some Billecart champagne to celebrate our new home. The price was very reasonable in comparison to restaurants of the same level in Sydney. We were pleased to see that some of the menu had changed but a few of the staples remained the same. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and her descriptions of the specials and the fish were making my mouth water.

We shared the local kingfish sashimi which was outstanding! the fish was fresh, a beautiful shaved fennel salad and some smoky leek all dressed with a lovely blood lime vinaigrette.
I had the duck for my main which didn't disappoint and never does. My husband went for the toothfish and was just as the waitress had described. We were very happy to see that they offered half bottles on their wine list as I wanted red and my husband likes white wine. We told the waiter what we were eating and our price range and he matched our wines accordingly. I found that all the staff were very professional and friendly without being too "in your face".

Our waitress helped us with the desserts by describing each one in detail. We shared the creme caramel and it was delicious.
They definitely deserve the Chef's Hat.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ela-Mary
What a lovely review Ela-Mary. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Sydney, Australia
“Once again an Absolute Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The toothfish is a must. Still hard to pass up on the prawns and the Sumac Dessert is a great way to finish. The wine list is still hard to beat- great value as well.

1 Thank jacobamaria
Thanks Jacobamaria we are thrilled that you enjoyed your meal with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.