“Choose elsewhere”

Crest Motor Inn
Crest Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Queanbeyan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2013

At arrival we were put into one room then moved by the cleaner as it was dirty. Toilet seat was broken, we got woken up at 6am by a pre set alarm that we did not set and then again at 7 by next doors water pipes. Rooms were out dated and small. Didn't eat breaky as we had enough of the place. Not recommended

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I travelled through Queanbeyan with my parents and stayed at this motel, we found it dated but clean and tidy with friendly helpful staff. As with all things you get what you want to pay for and the crest is not the Ritz but is good for what it is. I have paid more for worse Motels than this and would have no problem staying there again.

Room Tip: Take an upstairs room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was a bit nervous about staying here after reading other reviews however on arrival we were pleasantly surprised. The young guy on the front desk gave us a nice welcome and provided us with fresh milk for tea and coffee. The rooms were dated and dim but clean with a spacious shower in the bathroom.The room rate included a self service continental breakfast which offered cereal, toast, tea, coffee and juice, and our plates were even cleared away for us as soon as we had finished so we could sit and chat without dirty dishes. On departure we were asked how everything was and none of us had any complaints across 4 rooms. We agreed we would stay here again when travelling on a budget.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo/conditioner as none is provided
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank letLIVE_89
Reviewed 23 June 2013

One night here, pretty basic, nothing flash at all. Room was clean , as was under the bed.. ( i always check ) Bed was firm, pillows were awful, one hard the other lumpy. Sofa worn out. Bathroom o.k .The only "yuck" i found was the T.V remote control was disgustingly dirty.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cassandraSouthernNsw
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This is a very basic motel in all ways,envisage yourself going back to a 60/70s style motel and you are there, rooms are VERY small and dated, shower is small and motel is on outskirts of town meaning you have to drive to get anywhere. Breakfast was includedin price,(basic continental breakfast). Next time I would be going elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tbails42
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The night I stayed, I found a huge bed bug right underneath my covers! I killed it and looked around for other bugs but couldn't find any. But in the next couple of days, I noticed tons of bites all over my arm, neck, and face! It had to have been from this place because of the bed bug I saw on the bed and because it was the last motel I stayed in before coming back home to the U.S. We told the management about the bed bug we found and all they said was, "We'll look into it."

Please think twice about staying here!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

This motor inn is perfect if your only concern is saving money. The price is very reasonable and comes with a basic continental breakfast.
The rooms are very clean, but quite basic, with a bed (or two) plus a coffee table and couch in some rooms. The bathroom is old but adequate. The tv was small and old, and only two channels worked. The heater was old but amazing - I would've liked to rip it off the wall and take it home!!
The rooms were cleaned every day.
The location was ok. Queanbeyan is very handy if you want to keep costs down, only 15 mins from the centre of Canberra, but the motor inn is on the edge of town, quite a walk from any of the restaurants.
Overall the room was fine for a budget motor inn, and if you don't mind older rooms with older facilities, then this would be a decent choice.

• Stayed: September 2012