“Lovely people, good location and quality”

Golden Guitar Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Tamworth
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely people, good location and quality”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Spacious, immaculately clean and comfortable rooms. Great location and proximity to the Longyard Hotel which has great meals. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and nothing says welcome like being offered fresh milk for a cuppa and a free beer, wine or soft drink. I can see why it is no.1 on Trip Advisor for Tamworth

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest R, Manager at Golden Guitar Motor Inn, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thanks for the great review, there is nothing better than having fresh milk for your tea or coffee. We do like to give our weary customers a nice complimentary drink on arrival to unwind with. It was great that you enjoyed your stay with us, see you again soon.
cheers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have stayed at the golden guitar a few times and each time I do I remember why I dont like it and then I stay somewhere else and remember the things I like and go back and the then the same thing happens again.
The things that bring me back:
The staff are So welcoming and its like seing old frends each time realy nice welcoming friends who offer you a complimentary beer or wine on arrival , this always goes down a treat.
Lots of restaurants all around including Mcdonalds and great steak options within a few metres from your door.
room service breakfacst although average is still a nice option to have.
Great shower pressure.
A really good size TV placed in a great spot for easy TV watching from the bed.
Pretty good room layout and quite spacious.
the cleanning fluid they use isnt as bad as a lot of other motels and did air out after a few hours.
Did I say the staff??? yes I did!
Mmm what else???...

The things I dont like.
Microwave and kitchenette without any plates or cutlery..annoying
Only 1 powerpoint in bathroom.. annoying
rooms are fairly old and tired and bland and boring.
frustrating that the airconditioner is possitioned at the side of the bed so that the air hits you if you are in bed so you have to switch it off.
Annoying that cars are encouraged to park anywhere so you never get a park in front of your room.
Biggest hate no 1, last time I stayed there It took me a week to get over a sore back from the bad matress, but when I stay there I remember how much I dislike the poor quality or old matresses, leading to little or poior sleep.
Hate No 2, The old granny blankets which you know dont get washed often and look a bit scary and Im not sure if the multi colours on them make me feel better that I cant reallty see the stains or freek me out a little knowing that not all the blotches are meant to be there.
Plus its cold during the night and the air conditioner is hard to leave on and the other blanket alternatives feel a bit dusty.
I usually prefer to stay in motels with white linen and quilts without the granny blankets.

So I know that next time I wont stay there because I can still feel a sore back and know that the convenient location and lovely country staff will draw me back again in the future.

Room Tip: up stairs probably if you can stand carrying your luggage up, becasue you have access to the balcon...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Em B
Guest R, Manager at Golden Guitar Motor Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Reviewer, thank you for giving your feedback. Could you please contact our reception, as we have done a search and cannot find when your stays were with us, so we can help address the points you have put forward.
We would like to ensure these problems don’t affect your next stay with us.

Orange, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Golden Guitar in 4yrs. On both occasions, the Managers were absolutely lovely and do all in their power to ensure that you are comfy and stress free. It is always clean, comfortable and a lovely meal next door at The Longyard Hotel. I love the towels in the bathroom - they are lovely and soft, just like home. I would highly recommend this motel for anyone. We had our 2 young children with us and my elderly mother, so we were given interconnecting rooms which was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
wonderful review... thanks for all the good reports. it makes us feel good that we are making our customers stay with us feel like their at home. hope to see you again soon hopefully it want be as long next time.
Wamberal
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had an upstairs room facing the highway for one night , room was spacious and well set up comfortable bed. Breakfast was good and the adjacent hotel was excellent for dinner. Staff are friendly and helpful. However sleep was affected by noise. The sound proofing is not great and sleep was disturbed by the loud dripping noise from the outdoor drainpipe when it rained. Traffic noise was quite audible and the next door spa bath / plumbing was also intrusive.

Room Tip: Don't face the road and avoid being next door to a spa room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
sorry to hear you had disturb sleep... sorry but we have not sound proofing but we will endevour to look into it, please could you call our reception and we will find out some more information and be able to rectify our problems so we can make your stay more enjoyable next time
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Great friendly service, knowledgeable and helpful. Spacious room with good quality linen and decor (love the towels). Price is very reasonable. Lots to recommend this place. We'll definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
It's a great review ... glad you liked our decor ... thanks for the recommendation ..hope to see you again soon
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very clean and very spacious room... we were updated to a spa unit as we are in the hotel industry..room was exceptionally clean, modern and well appointed. Right next door to the Golden Guitar, and the Longyard hotel for dinner at the back gate! Rception Managers were friendly and knowledgable about the area. We were given a free soft drink or beer on arrival as a "thank you for booking with us". Very nice after a long drive! Would definatley stay here again on our next visit! oh and the brekkie was great too!!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a long balcony with great mountain views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the great words, as you are aware being in this industry we do aim to please our customers. it was good that you had sometime to have a look around Tamworth on your visit. hope to see you again when you come back this way.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

26th May we arrived at Tamworth after a hazardous trip via the Oxley highway from port Macquarie, called at the Touriist info center in Tamworth looking for a motel and somewhere we could get great food without having to drive..
Tourist rang the Golden Guitar motel for us and a few minutes later we arrived! What a nice welcome, a glass of wine and a beer for hubby!!! After a long drive,so nice!
The room was very spacious,,large bathroom,beds very comfortable. Also quiet at night that is a big bonus near a highway!
next door at the Longyard hotel was the best food ever..

Room Tip: No tips needed service was wonderful!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
thanks for the lovely review we are glad that our accommodation was what you needed after a long trip and it is nice to have a complimentary drink to unwind with. hope to see you again