“Great Disability Room”

Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Tamworth
Cairns, Australia
“Great Disability Room”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We were given Room 9 as my husband has had a stroke and we were pleasantly surprised how large the room and bathroom were. Very Comfortable beds, a table and chairs and an adequate airconditioner for 42oC (puts any a/c to the test). We would certainly stay again on a road trip. Easy checkin and very pleasant owners.

Room Tip: Anyone with a disability would be grateful to have Room 9, excellent setup.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lithgow
Reviewed 24 November 2012

What can you say when your belongings are packed up without your knowledge and your told, halfway through a round of golf, that you have been kicked out. It was still daylight when we were told if we didn't be quiet we would be told to leave. There was 12 of us talking on the verandah outside our rooms and yes of and on it may have gotten a little loud, as 12 people would. I spoke to others there and they didn't even hear us nor were they in anyway put out by us. I saw the owner early the next day and said good morning as you do and he replied in kind. I should have smartened up a month or so earlier when I asked if we could have single beds instead of doubles. His reply was if you don't like what you have then you can go somewhere else. Yes if your a family or a couple or alone passing through fine but don't be a group of friends. Heaven forbid don't talk or be friendly. We were not that loud and in the end so what it wasn't even dark. This bloke wasn't even polite about. Very arrogant. Will not ever stay there again even if i was on my own and it was free. Best Western on the h'way. great place and cheaper.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Geoff H
Lisa S, Owner at Golf Links Motel, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Thankyou for your review but you must realise that you were asked to leave because you and your party were drunk and waking other guests up. We gave you plenty of warnings but you continued to make lots of noise and commotion. We asked you to leave the motel and you called the police. The police came and asked you to leave because you were in the wrong. At no time did we go through your belongings or put your belongings outside on the balcony. If you go to other motels please be a bit more caring obout other guests.
Katoomba, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I was part of Missgolfer's group who have also submitted a review. All I can do is reiterate what has already been said.
From the moment we walked through the door I could sense there was going to be problems. The owner was rude and he wasn't interested in engage in small talk or making us feel welcome in anyway.
The way he dealt with too much noise allegedly coming from out group showed no people skills what so ever. The man doesn't know how to communicate and negotiate. With the poor skills this man displayed he should not be in the buisness of dealing with people.
As a result of the situation our group found new accommodation for our next two nights and the one night we spent at the Golf Links Motel wasn't paid for. This guy lost out on having six rooms booked out for three nights. Not very smart in deed.
The owners wife advised on the day we left that her husband doesn't like group booking. Well if you have a motel called the Golf Links, which is opposite a golf course you would surely expect a lot of social groups to stay.
Based on the attitude of management I would never recommend this motel to anyone and would suggest people go elsewhere and there are plenty of other accommodation options in Tamworth.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gavin68
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Absolutely poor customer service!! Will NEVER stay there again!! Were there for an annual work golf trip & were so shocked at the disgusting way we were treat by the owner and his wife. The whole motel was booked out by golfers attending the same event & we were told we were "too noisy." saw the owner the next morning he didn't say a word & had the hide to call 2 hours later on the mobile & told us he had dumped our belongings outside the motel. To my disgust, he & his wife had gone through our personal belongings & packed our own bags and left them outside which included wallets, laptops and valuable jewelery. After being lied to repeatedly by the wife about who touched my belongings she proceeded to tell me it was called "servicing the room." I can tell you now, this is the first place I have stayed in that "servicing" the room meant going through my things & packing my entire bag for me!! Not on Golf Links Motel. You are disgusting and I can assure you I will make sure everyone i know knows about this and never use your Motel again.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Missgolfer
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

I travel to Tamworth every month for work when I do my country trip. It took me 3 visits to stumble on Golf Links Motel. And I have never looked back! Have been back approx 12 times now. And I would never consider going anywhere else.
Peter the owner is a great bloke. So helpful. He's quick on his feet that when I walk in there are two cans of Jim Beam on the counter ready and waiting. It's also good to hear his latest story of how his car restoration is going. What a hobby!

The rooms are tip top clean and the TV is a great size with austar connected.
The breakfast is the best of any motel I stay at in NSW. Value for money is second to none.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank MickMcGill
Newcastle
Reviewed 14 July 2012

For Tamworth accommodation look no further than the Golflinks Motel. An unbelievably clean motel. The rooms are big and spacious, the beds are sooooo comfy and you get the choice of different types of pillows (which I personally love).
Check in was totally painless. I was met with a smile from Peter the owner and given everything I needed to ensure a comfortable stay. He happily answered any questions I had, and made me feel at home. I had the choice of many eateries in Tamworth that would charge back to my room which I thought was excellent and I could even have chinese delivered to my room, which I did and it was awesome!!!
Breakfast was delish and delivered to my room on time and hot!!!
Overall wonderful experience would highly recommend to everyone.
So if you are after a hassle free, clean and friendly motel Tamworth, Golflinks motel is the answer.

Karissa
Newcastle

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2012

It's quite a nice place to stay. We were met by a friendly fellow who quickly checked us in and gave us a free bottle of milk for tea. The rooms are clean and fresh and there is ample parking on-site. We didn't find it noisy as the motel is not on the main truck routes through Tamworth. There is a road junction adjacent to the hotel but the roads just seem to be carrying regular commuter traffic.

The location is good and although it's a 10 minute drive to the centre of town there are shops and petrol stations nearby. The best part (for golfers anyway) is that the golf course is on the other side of the street. You can walk to the clubhouse in 5 minutes and they have a very nice and reasonable priced restuarant as suggested to us by our motel host. I would stay here again next time I visit Tamworth.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple