“Friendly ,clean & comfortable”

Best Western Sanctuary Inn
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Tamworth
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have just had a 2 day business trip to Tamworth and can highly recommend the staff , facilities and food at the Sanctuary Inn.Very clean comfortable and quiet rooms and very personable staff. will stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Thompnik

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and I thought it was great - We booked a premier room with a King bed (number 3) and though it was smaller than I envisioned it was still wonderful, the bed was amazing and sheets were crisp and white, the room had everything we needed and was spottless I really cant fault the room or bathroom. Also the noise from the hwy was hardly noticable.

The only things that slightly bothered me were the noise from the pipes in the ajoining rooms (which you cant really help) and right outside our room there is an outside sitting area so people were out there quiet early in the morning chatting and smoking, and drinking late at night so that was a bit annoying and loud.

The Pool was great but Im not sure if the Spa is hot or cold, I got the bubbles going but I couldnt get the heat to work but I also didnt have a chance to ask so maybe check that before you want a spa.

Their restaurant was lovely I wasnt very hungry and there isnt much choice for smaller meals that arent seafood but I had a chicken noodle dish and my partner had salt and pepper calamari and steak for main and both were really good and well presented, A bit on the expencive side for what you get but thats to be expected.

Overall I had a wonderful stay would highly recommend staying here, I would definitely stay here again. :)

The Tamworth look out is only a short 3-5minute drive from the Motel which I think it a must see the views are pretty amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brielle_8
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked this based on reviews here thinking it would be a value for money stopover but unfortunately after entering room 61 we found it very run down. It seems part of the motel has been renovated but the rest of it could definitely do with an update. It was clean at least. The walls had cracks in them in the kitchen area and near the TV in the lounge and the carpet was very stained. It was very noisy due to the trucks but I did expect that - some cotton wool in the ears helped and we both slept well, bed was quite comfy (on the firmer side which my husband likes). The TVs were a bit small and not set up right (husband adjusted the screen resolution to fit the screen) and reception was quite bad on most channels. Kettle was extremely old and dated but it did work. I suppose for what you pay though it's to be expected. On a positive note, there's a nice view over the countryside from the skylight in the bedroom (the room was set on two levels which was kind of neat). I just think the room could do with an update in decor, furniture, lightning and appliances.

Room Tip: Don't go for room 61 or any of the rooms near the main road. The earlier numbers (9 and so on) h...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chellekat
TerriMor, Manager at Best Western Sanctuary Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback, yes we are in the process of renovating all our guest rooms.
All our unrenovated guest rooms are heavily discounted, the furniture is older however, as stated by yourself, all our guests rooms are meticulously clean.

Since installation of flat screen T.V.'s we have never had a compliant with regard to resolution, next time you stay, feel free to call reception and one of our maintenance crew would have been more than happy to help.

There are a couple of cracks in various rooms this is the due to a 8 year drought and then much appreciated rain which has caused the foundations to move slightly hence the cracks, this is a continuous repair process.

All our guest rooms have A H Beard five star beds, white pressed sheets, white oversized fluffy towels, mini bars and various amenities to make a stay with us, most comfortable.

Once again, thank you again for your feedback which is most valuable.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed in Rooms 9 & 17, Newly renovated with wonderful bedding, could have taken the bed home. Pool & Spa area was relaxing & out of the way which was fantastic. Did not eat in so can not judge but they have been winning awards. Shower head flew off on first use and they came and fixed it instantly. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank bingarakath
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Have stayed in a few of the hotels in Tamworth, this is the one I will always go back too now that i have found it. Right from the start when making the booking the service was just perfect, not over the top ..just perfect. the rooms were very comfortable and fresh, didnt have that "cover up the bad smell" deodoriser you sometimes find in hotels, it felt airy, clean and fresh. The decor was very tasteful, i loved it. The restaurant food is also great! Being in the heart of country you HAVE to have the beef, cant get any fresher! All of the staff were naturally friendly, nothing wa a drama and everyone so accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My expectation when arriving at the Sanctuary Inn was “basic motel” although the price tag should have alerted me to something better. Our room was very well appointed with modern fixtures and fittings, tea and coffee, a full range of bathroom cosmetics, free WiFi (for 3 logged-on hours). Staff were all very efficient and we were quickly checked-in and in our room.

The restaurant for both dinner and breakfast was excellent with prompt and efficient service and an excellent menu of both dinner and breakfast items. All food was freshly prepared and tasty. The restaurant does seem to get busy for dinner so I'd recommend a reservation.

For an overnight stay in the area, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Ive stayed here manny manny times with work.
Ive never had an ounce of trouble with any aspect of my stay.
Even when my work neglected to book me in and i had to get them out of bed at 3am they never complained. Rooms were quiet and clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo