Sundance Park Motel
US$99
US$97
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewscountry music festivalcomfortable bedcattlemanstennishighwayaccommodationlinens
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Easy to find, close to golden guitar, Alec etc. it ain't the ritz and is a bit daggy but good price, nice people, comfy rooms, plenty of parking, pool. I like that rooms have a comfy lounge in them but agree with other review. The el cheapo televisions are rubbish and need to be replaced

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed one night, close to Alec so if attending horse events is ideal. Beds comfy and shower was great water pressure. Motel is set back a bit off main highway which makes it quiet. TV reception is a bit dodgy on a lot of channels. Air conditioning was working overtime to keep room cool but it was an exceptionally hot day.
Restarunt was good quick friendly service. Food was home cooked style but nice.
Pool looked nice but there were no lights around the pool area.
Easy to find and comfortable enough.

Room Tip: We had a horse float so we got a room at the end so we could park easily along the front of the other rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Seemed nice when I booked, but found mouse poo in the tea cupboard as soon as I arrived. Killed a good size cockroach, and mouse poo continued to be found daily on the table, behind my suitcase and IN MY suitcase when I got home. Had to ask for milk to be left in fridge and biscuits. Shampoo and conditioner were not replaced daily. When I asked about the mouse poo and cockroaches, the owner said they always had mice but cockroaches weren't as common. I feel that he didn't take my grievances seriously and he even turned off the air conditioner and opened the bathroom window, while I was showing him the mice poo in my room! I was still packing my things up in the room! Came home one night and my video camera was on the floor, and two chargers I had plugged in, had been unplugged! I had other friends staying in rooms there and they asked them on two occasions not to go into their room, but they always found the air conditioner turned off and the windows open! I think we can expect better from a three and a half star motel.

Room Tip: Choose another motel !
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rachel C
Glenn C, Owner at Sundance Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi Kathy, can't say we appreciate your comments. We pride ourselves here on the cleanliness of our rooms and your experience just does not sit well with our staff. They were constantly commenting on the general untidiness and condition of your room daily, and due to the smell from the garbage and soiled clothing left all over the room, the windows had to be opened to allow fresh air in. Milk and biscuits are complimentary on arrival, and long stayers generally provide their own supplies once checked in. But we gave you fresh milk daily, did we not? We are T Qual and AAA accredited and are proud of it. Occasionally we get untidy guests, but rarely do we get hygienically challenged guests that attract vermin, as we assume happened in your case. We are happy for you to "choose another hotel" in future. A lot of time and effort goes into maintaining our rooms, and guests like yourself leaving negative remarks a week after leaving, does not help our efforts in any way.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Rooms were clean, and the aircon worked which was great! The pool was welcome after a long drive on a hot day, it was clean and well maintained. Bit of a let down was that the restaurant was closed when we stayed.

Owners looked after us, were very welcoming and run a great country hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel allows pets, which meant that there were some rather large dogs walking around (off leash). This was a bit of a concern for us with a small child, may be something others may want to think about.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hi,

Thanks for the review. We are proud of our clean rooms and comments like yours really are appreciated. As for pets, we only allow horses which must be housed in the round yard. Had you mentioned about the dogs, we would have investigated right away and had them removed. We do not allow pets to roam freely around the extensive grounds.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very quiet. Excellent Service and great value. Excellent ammenities for the kids with the pool and tennis court and just lots of space in general. Rooms are good and very clean. Not the closest place to town if that is what you require. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family