Clarendon Forest Retreat
  • Pool
US$67
US$105
US$102
Comfort Inn Marco Polo(Taree)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$77
Agoda.com
Caravilla Motor Inn(Taree)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$72
Taree Highway Motor Inn(Taree)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$70
Agoda.com
US$69
Midlands Motel(Taree)(Great Value!)
US$75
All reviewshorse ridingthe cottagesrolling hillsbush walkingtara lodge isdirt roadromance packagespa poolmountain bike trailslovely weekendoutdoor hot tubself caterthe managerscouple of nightschapeltenniswallabies
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Having stayed at Clarendon Forest Retreat for 5 nights recently I have to say it was the most tranquil setting which was perfect for what was needed.
The managers, Peter & Wendy Dorahy, were welcoming & ensured our stay was pleasant & peaceful.
There is lots or little to do based on what you want from your experience. It is a great location to share with friends with BBQ's, spas, horse riding, tennis, bush walking or just sit and read a book taking in the views.
I highly recommend this venue to couples, families, groups or just singles wanting to get away from it all.

Room Tip: All residences are excellent with many variables to suit your individual/group needs
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bernard2103
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My partner and myself, plus 2 of our friends, recently spent 3 nights in The Chapel & The Sanctuary at Clarendon Forest Retreat. I am happy to say it was simply OUTSTANDING in terms of service, peace, and relaxation. The Spa Pools were a real treat, and we spent the days relaxing on the deck with a cool breeze and a view of horses, wallabies and too many birds to count. I'll be back, this time for Winter! A word to the wise, do NOT listen to your Navman when it directs you down Joes Cutting / Joes Creek Roads!!! Definitely take Possum Brush Road... Thank you again to Peter for dragging us out of the fire trail by tractor!!

Room Tip: The Chapel is just gorgeous.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We came here hoping for a romantic, secluded retreat from the rat race and our expectations were exceeded by far! Clarendon is beautiful. We stayed at the hideaway and enjoyed every moment. Our few days were filled with great views, swimming, tennis, horse riding, walks and spas - such a treat! Everything was perfect and we could not have asked for more. The service was great too and we really felt at home. Thanks for such a wonderful time Clarendon - we hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights in the most beautiful, romantic place in the world. Superbly appointed, spotlessly clean and every mod con you could need.
The views and the quiet were priceless.
Why would you want to travel with the masses when you can have complete serenity only hours away.
For those wanting perfection this is it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie F
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I loved the tranquility and peace of this place. They only thing that puzzled me was the lack of international visitors in the guestbook. Given it is on the Sydney- brisbane drive that so many visitors do now, it would be the perfect place to break the trip and get a real taste of the Aussie bush. We had wallabies right out the window every morning, the birdlife was active too.
WE had a weekend in The Sanctuary and despite living in a rural paradise ourselves it was just so nice to have the little luxuries and indlgences for a quiet romantic weekend wedding anniversary. My husband booked the romance package, the flowers were stunning, the fluffy robes a nice touch, the breakfast and cheese and bikkie package were good too. I highly reccommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple