“Only in an emergency!!!!”

All Seasons Country Lodge
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Taree
“Only in an emergency!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Had to book last minute due to family funeral. Also other family members booked at the same hotel so we could be close together. For an overnight stay this hotel would be reasonable but as we stayed 4 nights we found the "quirky" things about the room and staff less and less desirable. One family member found a half eaten hamburger in her room left by the previous guests. Another family member very unhappy with the wait for hot water and the sign posted to warn her of this was small and easily overlooked. We stayed in one of the first rooms as a family room and found the kitchenette facilities less than convenient. Don't flush the toilet before turning on the shower if you want any hot water! Would not stay again. Housekeeping for the 4 nights was hit and miss, had to ask for more toilet paper twice and attention to detail lacking

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheryl H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wagga Wagga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stopped here just overnight on our way back from The Gold Coast. What a lovely place!!! Set in the peaceful country side surrounded by farm animals and chickens. Breakfast was complimentary which in this day and age you dont normally find.

The rooms are a little dated but were very clean and fitted 5 adults. I would definitely stay here again if I am travelling through Taree.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheridan K
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed a night in December 2012 and thought it was a nice, clean and good value motel. We all got a great nights sleep and would stay again. Its a good location not too far from the highway so an excellent place to stop the night on your way through to QLD.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle1971B
Armidale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Small rooms that smell quite musty. Towels are thread bare. Soap and toiletries are not replenished. Self catering is a push as cooking facilities are extremely basic. You have to pay extra to use the spa and sauna. Traffic noise can be heard in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SunnySchmude
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Don't trust the GPS to take you there, coz you will land up in the market place which is 1.5 km away. The location is just before the bridge starts, on the right side, if you are coming from Port Mac side, so keep your eyes peeled for it when you are around 1.5 km away from the destination.I noticed it but as the GPS didnot tell me to stop, I thought it was a different hotel and went past. And then had to come back.

We spent 3 nights.
Positives-The beds and pillows were very comfy. Rooms were serviced daily.
Free movie channel and wi- fi.
BBQ area very good, we cooked dinner every night as no good restaurants in Taree.
Well located, near a market place with all the supermarkets. Beautiful riverside walk.
Not far from Forster.
Vending machine for drinks.
Breakfast order option.

Negatives- swimming pool too small but why bother as you can go to the beaches

Our room's bathroom did not have an exhaust or a window so if one decided to go to the toilet it would mexn that the rest of the family leave the room. They should have given an air freshner! I had to use my deo spray.

Beds or bedsheets? My husband and I ended up having flea bites on our body which itched badly for weeks! My son who had a seperate bed didn't have it.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank AussieRND
Ctrl_Coast, Manager at All Seasons Country Lodge, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Three things I am not sure about though.
1 We have a 20 Meter pool. At one stage it was the biggest in Taree.
2 All our bathrooms have exhaust fans built into the lights and when the lights come on so do the fans.
3 We have never had a problem with fleas here and only had the pest man out before xmas for his regular check.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have never paid to stay in a concentration camp before, and will never again. Taree held a big sporting event on a weekend which attracted large amounts of money and tourism to the area. I found the lady at the desk (presumably the owner) quite rude and hostile. After returning to the room for the evening, there were quite a number of guests all milling around the outside of their rooms throughout the motel and socialising (not too loudly either). I witnessed this lady addressing her guests in a manner where I thought I was staying in a children's dormitory and she was shooing the guests to bed, I even overheard her say quite abruptly "Are you sleeping here?" and if their response was no, she told them to go back to their room and go to bed. As a witness to this event, to me it looked like she was fully booked and mainly with people from there. My room, even though cheap (like most in Taree) still should not have been compromised in cleanliness, something that could be easily attended to with nil cost. I was not game enough to make a coffee, due to the fact I could have caught something. Hospitality none, is that not the industry in which they are in?

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John P
You and your friends came back around 11pm and continued to be noisy and after numerous complaints we asked you all to quieten down. After 5 attempts at quietening you and your friends down we had to advise you we would have to ask you to leave if you didn't quieten down although I thought defecating on the floor and squashing it into the carpet was with the garbage bin and hiding it until you left was disgusting.
In the end we had to call the Police and after they had a talk to you, you all went quiet.
This was "3am".
We have never had a group here anything like yours and hopefully will never again.
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

The only grip I had was our Garmin Sat-nav had a map error and took us past the motel to a shop on a road about 1 mile away. My wife had spotted the motel as we passed and we soon returned to the correct address. We told the proprietress, Judy, she said 'it happens all the time', shame she had not warned me since we had booked months earlier.

Lovely motel, we had cooked breakfasts - very good. The rooms in Australia are not as large as in USA and rather than getting two Queens the configuration is usually one double and one single, it was here. Surrounded my fields and copses, a river near-by. I had a birdwatching walk around the area before breakfast each morning.

Plenty of parking, even suitable for motor-homes and larger. The pool was tepid and usable. Only two sun-loungers available (one of which was broken), no mattresses..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the lovely response and we have now replaced our sun lounges and have 4 so if you’re in the area again we hope you drop by and have a look.
Ps Sorry about the GPS.
Some GPS's seem to get it right and some don’t although we find the newer ones tend to be ok at finding us