“Cheap prices for cheap food”

Top Choice Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 433 Restaurants in Wollongong
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Cambodian, Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Top Choice Restaurant, located in Wollongong's CBD, puts a unique twist on Chinese. With our infusion of the sweet and savory, you're sure to find a dish to love.
“Cheap prices for cheap food”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Should have known the meals would be a reflection of the price, food was quickly prepared like fast food style, with lack of flavour sauce and freshness. I guess for people who don't know good oriental food it could pass, don't recommend won't be back.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Stella R

• Indonesian first
Wollongong, Australia
“Best place for a $10 meal, hot, tasty and served super quick.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We go here once or twice a week. Can feed a family of 3 for $30. The soups and laksas are amazing. Quick service.

• Visited May 2014
sydney
“A very good choice indeed...”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Googling restaurants on our way to look at cars in Wollongong, this restaurant simply appeared on the screen so I thought "why not?". Somebody was looking after us that day because the food is yummy, the service polite and the price made us feel like kings ( and queens!).

We had steamed dim sims, that are freshly made, and san choy bow, that came as four individual servings. Very, very nice and I am very fussy and particular with dim sims.

My partner had the crispy skin chicken and noodle soup that he couldn't finish and I had the BEST Tom Yum and noodle soup EVER.

We didn't buy a car but we will be going back to look at them again so we can lunch here again and this time I will bring more people with me.

• Visited April 2014
wollongong
“A top choice!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My partner and I value this resteraunt as our own.
The food is cheap and excellent.
I reccomend this to anyone..
The owners are nice.

Once I received a meal sweet and sour pork... but without the sauce.. I asked and they replaced my meal immediately.

Don't give it a miss. :)

• Visited December 2013
South Coast, NSW
“Fast food and service with no attention to family with small children.”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Dined her on two occasions, second time to confirm first impressions after original visit. Everyone raves about this restaurant however I can't understand why? Booking made prior to arriving. Placed at table at rear out of site of restaurant. From arrival to departure there appeared to be a rush to take order, deliver food, finish meal and send us on our way. Food was unimpressive and king prawns were frozen and not of king size but considerably smaller with 5 prawns served in stir fry dish. Asked owner if this was standard serve and reply was yes. Considering price of dish, just did not add any value. Other dishes were prepared considerably quickly, fast food style, with lack of flavour, sauce and freshness. Second visit confirmed original impressions and many other restaurants of this type of cuisine to choose from in area. I guess Top Choice for those who do not genuinely understand oriental foods and this is considered a novelty.

Visited January 2014