“Incredible!! Do it!”

Skydive Sydney-Wollongong
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Wollongong
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the thrill of freefall with Sydney's only beach skydive! Skydive directly over the beautiful beaches of Wollongong and experience the widest blue yonder you will ever know. Securely attached to your experienced tandem instructor, you will be guided through your entire skydive as you freefall at up to 220km/hr for up to an insane 60 seconds over some of NSW’s most spectacular scenery.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friend and I skydived with this company whilst we were backpacking round Australia, we put it off the whole time we were travelling and finally decided to bite the bullet the week before we flew home, we were really nervous but the guys there were great at putting you at ease and when they tell you they do it like 8 times a day you realise it can't be that bad!!!

There are so many skydive companies and all the prices are very similar so i'm not saying this one is better or worse than any others as I don't know but it was amazing!!! They made you feel really comfortable and although the actual jump isn't that long its more of an experience (going up in the plane etc...) I think the freefall was about 30 seconds but then when the parachute goes up its really fun too....and I was gliding for ages and he let me steer for a bit, right over the sea and back into land.

Amazing views as well, I would definitely recommend!!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"instructor luke"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My friends and I booked a jump for 4/7/14 at 8.00am. First thing to note is that you pay an increased rate for the weekend than the week but we work all week so this was our only option. We had to get up at 4am to make a 6.15am train to north wollongong from sydney CBD. During the week the company runs a shuttle bus from the CBD and back but on the weekends youre left to make your own way there despite paying a premium. Once we arrived we were dressed into the jumpsuits and harnesses, debriefed and in the van before they stopped and told us the jump was called off as it was too windy. The sun was shining, there was a light breeze but the clouds above were not even moving so we were highly disappointed. We did not recieve a single apology from any member of staff. We were told to wait around and keep checking back for a final decision instead of being told realistically that it wouldn't be possible. We spent from 7.45am until 12.30am waiting in the shoddiest, most basic facilities ever. The toilets were disgusting - two outside cubicle blocks that were dirty, one had no toilet seat and there was no toilet paper. There was nowhere to sit and wait except a tiny cramped room at the back of the reception with a hard uncomfy bench. The restaurant they mention on their site is a walk down the beach and nothing to do with the skydive complex, that is expensive with long queues. No customers jumped that day at all we later found out despite hanging about for hours.

When we were finally sick of waiting we were told we could rebook for the next day and told it looked more promising weatherwise. My friend was leaving for the U.K. the day after and wouldnt get a chance to come again so we agreed and booked for 11am.

This morning we woke at 7am and called and called and called the site, leaving multiple voice messages. We eventually got through to be told that the jumps were going ahead so we got the train to wollongong again - by now spending a combined total of 75 dollars on fare - only to receive a call 15 mins from our destination that the jumps were on a weather hold again. Once again it is glorious weather and the few clouds in the sky are not blowing at all. All the Instructors took off immediately and you don't see any of them again!

We have not recived a single apology from anybody here and the young blonde English girl behind reception had no compassion or sympathy at all when we complained! This company just hide begind legalities and terms and conditions clauses to fob you off. I understand safety issues can call off a jump (despite them being dubious) but when 3 young backpackers, one of whom is on their last weekend in Sydney, who work 50 hours a week only to waste 6 hours of a sunny weekend on a train and numerous hours in a field you would think they could arrange a refund and apologise. Instead they get all defensive and argumentative back with you! When we asked to speak to management we were told there was nobody to speak to on a sunday and given a generic email to contact if we wanted to take it further (info@skydive.co.au if anybody else needs it).

You only get a refund if you have a flight ticket as proof you are leaving and we were told this has to be in a week or so's time. Which leaves two of us who leave in november forced to get vouchers for a skydive we no longer want to do because the whole experience has been ruined and tarnished.

So utterly annoyed with their lack of organisation, compassion and customer care.

14  Thank Olivia R
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

From stepping into the reservation area to stepping into the bus to transport to airport to stepping OFF the edge of the plane at 14k feet this has to have been one of my greatest bucket list items ever fulfilled and Skydive the Beach was NO disappointment (and I searched long and hard for the best skydive place!!)
Their team is incredible, relaxed, friendly, funny and knowledgable. My tandem guy alone had over 10k jumps. It was so fantastic that even before pulling the chute I was shouting out "OMG I WANT TO DO THIS AGAIN.....AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!" And Tom was laughing his head off.
Definite recommendation for all ages and all levels of adrenaline junkies!

1  Thank wendybird5
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The skydiving with the operators " skydive the beach" at sydney , australia was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life.The operators are very professional with a very well trained team of people.Everything from training , busride to the airport, the plane , the crew, the sky jump and landing was so smoothly executed that one feels that it was all so easy. The video recording and the photos were all given within 20 minutes of the skydive.A must for all who want adrenalin rush.....go for it!!!!!!

1  Thank HIMALAYAS0904