“Very nice place to stay”

Sage Hotel Wollongong
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Wollongong
East Maitland, Australia
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a Conference in Wollongong. The room was great with a small balcony overlooking the swimming pool area. The King size bed was very comfortable and a good nights sleep was a great bonus. The room was quite large and well appointed. I ordered room service on one night, and was surprised at the rather large serving, the meal was freshly cooked and very enjoyable when you're hungry!! Breakfast was the normal smorgasbord, with a good variety of cereals, cooked foods, pastries etc. would definitely stay here again. Oh and front of house staff were friendly and welcoming no matter what time I either rang or walked past reception. Thanks for a great stay

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne M
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Anniem55,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, and your overall experience of the Hotel was so positive. We always strive to ensure every guests experience is positive and enjoyable as your recent trip was.

I will pass onto our team your comments who will appreciate this wonderful recommendation of our facilities, food and renowned service.

Should your travels bring you back to Wollongong, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and have you stay with us again. If I can be of any assistance please contact me directly on 4201 2111.

Chifley Wollongong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night for a work conference. Modern facilities, great food and attentive staff. The rooms are comfortable and stylish although the fridge is quite noisy and there were a few issues in the bathroom (fan did not work, soap holder in shower was loose and some dark scuff marks on the floor tiles). On the first day the lifts were quite slow with many of my colleagues utilizing the fire stairs. On the second day one lift was not working and the second one was extremely slow, resulting in our conference beginning half an hour late. If these issues can be attended to, the Chifley will be the place to stay in Wollongong.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear 29plymouth,

Thank you for posting your comments following your conference at Chifley Wollongong.

Naturally, I was disappointed to read about your personal experience and I can understand your frustration over the matter and for which I apologise. Please be assured I have personally addressed your comments with our team.

Our staff are our greatest asset and I am pleased they have met your needs during your stay at the Hotel during your conference.

I hope we will have the privilege of serving you again in the not too distant future.

Should your travels bring you back to Wollongong, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and have you stay with us again. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me directly on 4201 2111.

charlotte2571
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed one night had a beautiful room The bed was comfortable and the pillows so soft. The staff at reception are so very helpful. Great location and close to shopping area, beaches and restaurants. I have stayed here twice each time was outstanding service .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charlotte2571
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Charlotte2571,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

Should you travels bring you back to Wollongong, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and have you stay with us again.

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have been to their monthly hi teas but last sundays was the best ever.They do it so well ,with a great variety of cakes,tarts and even a buffet for those still wanting to taste all of the chefs creations.Even each mother recieved a gift.It doesnt get better than this and they also had flambee cherries done by a capable young lady.Try the macaroons they are better than Zumbos.Wollongong has a Queen of Hi Tea.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Diane d,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on last Sunday’s Mothers Day Hi Tea experience here at the Chifley Hotel.

We are delighted your party enjoyed the unique experience with the variety and quality of our home made cakes, tarts, sandwiches. I will also ensure I share your comments about Brittany showcasing her flambé skills.

I will pass on your comments to our chefs and the Food and Beverage team who create these memorable experiences for our guests, with our monthly hi tea.

Thank you for choosing Chifley Wollongong and if I can be of any further assistance with any further bookings in the future please contact me on 42012111

Merimbula, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great location right in the middle of everything. 2 min walk to beach 5 min walk to restaurants Right next to WIN Stadium. Plenty of o/s parking. Very quiet and clean. Upgraded to executive balcony with a view over the Golf Course. Incredibly comfortable King bed. The cafe had delicious food at great prices, no need to go looking. The receptionist Carla looked after me so well I'll definitely be back there soon. I was attending a party on the 3rd floor so it was very handy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with either a beach (east facing in winter) or golf course (South facing in summer)vi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear sweetyoungthing,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

It was pleasure to welcome you to the Chifley Wollongong and great to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I was particularly delighted to hear that Carla on was able to add to a great experience. I will ensure I share your comments with her and the entire team.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice view from balcony. Room was very good and clean. just 5 min walk from Hotel. Near hotel there is very nice thai restaurant 'jasmine rice'. I took Easter hot deal which had breakfast included. Breakfast was good as well. Really enjoyed that. If you are traveling on the weekend or long weekend there is a free car park outside the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kumarsurinder
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Kumarsurinder,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay with us over our Easter period.It is always pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, whilst experiencing our renowned Chifley Hospitality and its superior beach side location.

I will convey your feedback to the Hotel’s team who will be appreciative of your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chifley Wollongong.

Warm Regards
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We've stayed for weekend getaway two nights. Room is ok. Got a nice view. Very close to the beach.

However, as we travelled with two young kids. We've left behind my daughter's special doll, and called the hotel, being told that we have to pay for the postage fee. Having travelled frequenty with young kids, we sometimes left behind something. Other hotel was willing to send it back to us for free as part of customer's service.

Room Tip: Ask for higher level to get a better view
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Silvi L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your valued comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your two day escape with us and made the most out of our beach side location. We appreciate your feedback and I have noted your comments with regards to your lost property.

The team certainly values your patronage and would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards