“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Wollongong Northbeach

Novotel Wollongong Northbeach
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Wollongong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Not accepting accord hotel card, no safe in room, old hotel , old furniture, no glases in bathroom for tothbrush, tv reception quality is bad. Only the situation is good. If you have to go, ask an ocean view but will not go back there

Room Tip: Ocean view but nothing else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank malika77
NovotelWollongong, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Malika77,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. It was disappointing to read your comments and apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay regarding these concerns. However, your support is important to us and we would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please contact me directly to discuss your concerns during your stay with us further on 02 4224 3111.

We hope to welcome you back again one day.

Kind regards
Kirsten
Guest Relations Manager
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night at the Novotel to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. When I booked the hotel I mentioned that we were celebrating our 20th Anniversary and when we arrived their was a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates in our room, which was a nice touch. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, but quite dated and could do with being refurbished, and especially the bathroom as it was very tired looking. I would stay at the Novotel Wollongong again if there was a good special on, but it is a little overpriced for what you receive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tripgirl680
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your special visit with us. It is great to read that our staff help make your special occasion just that little more special with our person touch.
We hope you come back and visit the hotel again for your next special occasion

Kind regards
Kirsten
Guest Relations Manager
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Perhaps its my familiarity with Novotel across the world and Australia and those experiences had set my expectations. That was not too ambitious as I know what a 4 start hotel should be, unfortunately this is at best a 2 star hotel. Main failure is its rooms, toilet and fittings. Needs a serious refurb - a complete rip out; aircond, TV, the lot. Staff are friendly though. One more serious put off, you can smell urine across the bathroom and the bedroom- dunno how we got through the night. I will not be coming back and will check trip advisor before getting into any future novotel - the brand has lost its glimmer from my perspective.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 639abbie
NovotelWollongong, Manager at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear 639abbie,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. My sincere apologies for not providing you with an enjoyable experience.

I have taken note of your comments in relation to the room and I will personally address this with Higher Management.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and helping us improve our service, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Warm regards

Kibworth Beauchamp, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is terrible to see a hotel luring visitors under a name that is not correct - this is not a Novotel hotel & is not officially recognised within Le Club Accor as one of their hotels.
The hotel is dated & needs a total refurbishment to meet today's requirements to qualify as a 4 star hotel.
It is over-priced with horribly dated bathrooms & shabbily furnished rooms.
I have not been this disgusted in a hotel for many , many years.
I could not recommend this hotel to anyone - it has really spoilt our vacation

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MichaelWWest
Dear MichaelWWest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Northbeach Wollongong. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Unfortunately not all Accor Hotels participate in the LeClub program, the list of non participating hotels is available on the terms and conditions. We hope to be joining the program soon.

Please rest assured your feedback will be provided to higher Management for review.

If you wish to discuss your concerns if further detail, please call me on 4224 3111.

Warm Regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in Wollongong when seeing a play that we had missed in the STC Sydney season, and decided to have a weekend getaway. I booked a suite to make it a bit 'special.' We were delighted to discover that the suite had a newly implemented butler service and champagne and strawberries were delivered pronto as a complimentary service.. The suite itself was very spacious with marvelous views of the water and a beautifully appointed bathroom. Breakfast, served in the main dining room was very pleasant. The staff were extremely enthusiastic and helpful. A bonus is a magnificent 'after five' boutique in the lobby with some really exotic designs. The shop has flourished for over two decades with the same owner, and I am not surprised. I bought a gorgeous dress and it was altered straight away so that I could wear it to dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank jennifer s
NovotelWollongong, Manager at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Jennifer s,

Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Northbeach.

It is pleasing to read you were able to enjoy Novotel Northbeach at its best with the added personal touch of our Butler service.

I am sure your kind words will serve as great encouragement to all staff to continue to provide a high level service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Northbeach when you are next visiting the beautiful Wollongong.

Kind Regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Novotel Wollongong Northbeach is one of my favourite indulgences from the busy life at Bondi. View from the balcony over the beach is Fab! Staff treat me like family. Nothing too much trouble for them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Roseanne H
Dear Roseanne H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor.

We highly appreciate our loyal guests, the team at Novotel Northbeach Wollongong thrive on seeing familiar faces return time and time again.

I am also delighted to read you enjoy the rooms and the amazing view in which they have to offer.

The entire team at Novotel Northbeach Wollongong is looking forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards