“Great value, large apartment and quiet location”

Belmore All Suite Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Wollongong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our second year staying here. We are three couples each with two children and we stayed here two nights for our yearly jaunt to Jamberoo. Great place, large two bedroom apartments, full kitchen with dishwasher, comfortable beds, lounge, dining, clean bathroom. Very nice gentleman at front desk. We each had the Jamberoo package for the weekend, they give you the tickets for Jamberoo at the hotel and you only have to walk in when you get there, no lining up at the front gate. Free hotel parking and only a couple of hundred metres to beach or Wollongong CBD with heaps of restaurants or Starr Buffet Restaurant at Master Builders Club around the corner. What more could you want? Will definitely stay again next year.

Room Tip: We have had different rooms and they all appear quiet even the ones on the driveway side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Aussie333Lithgow

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed here one night. Better value than most places in town, walking distance to everything, free parking, and they let us check in 2 hrs early.
Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank DiMaybs
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed here for one night last week while on business in Wollongong.
As a Sales Rep, I stay in a wide range of accommodation. This hotel offers nothing exciting or exceptional, especially for the price! The room I was in - 2 bedroom (free upgrade?) was large and spacious, and would be great if you were travelling with the kids. However, the carpet was old, stained, and stretched (had visible lumps/ridges in it). Cracks in ceiling and walls, just showed that this place is tired - could really do with some money spent to revamp it up.
I would question the housekeeping of this hotel - whoever they contract to do the cleaning are taking them for a ride. There was a bit of mould in the bathroom (can be expected) but finding hairs in your bed indicates to me that the sheets probably don't even get changed after each use! Luckily there was other beds in this apartment.
Did I bring up any of my concerns with the management on departure - No. I will simply act by not staying here again, and advising others of my opinions of this hotel, via sites such as this. On departing I wasn't even asked if I enjoyed my stay, or received the usual "see you next time" - which they won't.
The location is quiet and peaceful, but for the high price paid for a room, you could definitely do so much better in Wollongong. Would have to be a last resort place to stay only.

Room Tip: Request a clean room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed here for 1 night with 3 young kids. We have 2 seperate rooms, everything was clean. Quite location. Certainly no complaints. We will be back

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sbsmith1
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for Xmas (2 nights) as we wanted somewhere that was good value for money, reasonably central and quiet. That is exactly what we got from the Belmore Hotel. Rooms are quite large and reasonably furnished, neat and clean, bed and pillows were comfortable, had Austar, little fridge and a balcony etc. The manager (Chris) was great - we arrived late and had to ring the nightbell but he was very accommodating (nice pun!) in terms of explaining the location of everything and offering up lots of information about what was open over the break.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn_Zoe
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We booked 2 rooms (studio and 1 bedroom). Without asking we were ungraded to a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom.
Pros - rooms are clean, neat, tidy, and spacious and have all the useful appliances. Receptionists were helpful. Quiet location, undercover area to load and unload, walking distance from harbour and shops. Easy entry and exist after closing.
Cons - car park a little tight, plumbing very noisy from other rooms, hotel was old.
Would i stay again? - yes.
Would i recommend it to friends? - yes, but not to those who insist on staying in only the newest accommodations.
Was it value for money - with the upgrades most definitely, without upgrades yes.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rjpsp
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed here during a lengthy holiday in Wollongong and can recommend the appartments for position to all the wonderful amenities in the city!
Watch out for the mini bar!!! My Wollongong friend had provided us with some wine ,water and food which was in the fridge prior to our arrival and I had thought that the basket on the table was a welcome gift from the Belmore. It was an expensive lesson...it was part of the mini bar.. with a concealed price list. Unfortunately the receptionist was rude when I brought this confusion to her attention....admitting that 'everyone thought this' before backtracking and saying all details were on their website. There was no feeling that you were appreciated as a valued guest.
The housekeeping staff were very helpful but the front of house could do with a bit of training...in greeting and checking out. No one said' thank you for staying with us and please come again.'..and we stayed for 21 days.
Unfortunately I will not stay here again on my next visit from Scotland in 2012....I am sure there are friendlier places to stay in Wollongong.
The appartment is clean but a bit worn ...the bathroom extractor is horribly noisy...carpets are stained...but beds are comfortable. Bed linen is changed only once a week..unless requested more frequently. I felt this should have been routine?

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends