“Best bar in The Gong”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Sydney
“Best bar in The Gong”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Of course, I am a Wollongong girl so of course I didn't take me long to check out Dagwood so this review should've been done 12 months ago after the first of many, many visits. Spent Saturday night dining with 5 friends in comfy booth that could fit 6-8 people and it was, as always just a top night.
I'm a sucker for the corn chips with guacamole and can chow down those babies one basket after the other, and I did. The guys had steamed dumplings, hot dogs and a whole heap of other share plates that I can't remember because I was too busy throwing back the cocktails which were awesome. I've also been here on a Monday afternoon for a couple of quiet drinks (I'm not an alco I swear - my partner just works funny hours and so we take what we can get), and the vibe is chilled out, especially sitting up on the bench.
Good times, get yourself there stat.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Rene79sydney

Sydney, Australia
“Fab place”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great spot, fantastic staff and fabulous food. The spicy chick-pea croquettes for brekkie are a must do. This place was a superb find in Wollongong.

• Visited October 2013
Australia On Holidays
“great atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Expensive and tapas although limited is quite nice.
They now have a brunch at weekends which means you are unable to order tapas until late afternoon. a big bad decision.
Table service available which is a recent innovation.
Expensive cocktails but quite yummy.

Visited October 2013
Wollongong
“Nice pre dinner drink before the movies”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Well we felt very hip coming here at our age (+50) but it was great for a early cocktail and nibbles. We though some of the menu items were a bit strange but creative. Cocktails were lovely and hit the mark. Something different on a cold winter evening.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mavipavi58
Wollongong
“Great atmosphere, excellent food”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Here for brunch on a public holiday. Staff very friendly and quick, excellent coffee. Had eggs, kale and salmon. Great combination and very tasty.

• Visited October 2013