Best Western City Sands
Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$123
US$119
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
Quality Suites Pioneer Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
US$114
Quest Wollongong(Wollongong)
US$153
US$148
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsgolf clubgolf coursewin stadiumround of golfocean viewsofa bedlarge balconybedroom suiteguest laundryair cona great place to stayhotel guestsshort strolldefinitely stay here againmini baran overnight staydown stairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I must have got the dodgy room. Rang down to reception after dinner to ask someone to come up and fix the heater, nobody turned up so that was a night spent shivering. A cup of hot coffee would be nice, some chance there was no power along the bench. Still the one in the bathroom works. Breakfast would be good, not till after 8 as the cook doesn't get in any earlier, off to work hungry.
Change of plans and have to return home, thats OK they just charged me an extra night.
Maybe people stay for the golf course

Wonder why the resturant is almost empty, have a meal and wonder no more.....

Room Tip: The rooms that face the road are noisy
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank Grumpy_Old_Traveler
DanielleWollongong, Manager at Best Western City Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your feedback, your comments allow us to continually improve our offerings and provide guests with the best possible service.

Our restaurant received a national award in June for its products and services, so I will be following up as to why we were not able to meet your standards. Please be advised that your comments have also been passed on to our Restaurant Manager.

Without your details, or details of your stay, it makes it very hard to determine the cause of the issues encountered in your room. I can assure you that I have not received any other comments regarding power outlets not working. I have instructed my staff to alert me should they be made aware of such issues.

As is the case with many properties, Best Western City Sands has a 24 hour cancellation policy. This is outlined to guests at the time of booking and again upon arrival. Should your booking have been cancelled within this period, this policy would have been applied.

I would be more than happy to discuss these issues in more detail should you wish to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Nathan Spithill
Accommodation and Marketing Manager
Best Western City Sands

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights just last week. We got the apartment on a special price off wotif but wouldnt have mind paying more for our stay as it was just perfect! We drove down from the Gold coast so after a huge drive we got to the hotel and the check in was too easy and we were directed up to our room which really made us feel like we had a home away from home - It was huge!!! We brought our own breakfast food down with us just to cut costs of our stay and the kitchette was perfect to make your own food it , fridge, toaster and kettle all we needed! one of the days we went down stairs for breakfast which was so convienient and the food was yummy! Sitting on the balcony looking over the golf course and ocean! The bed was sooo big! First time sleeping in a King it was great! 2 Tv's - HUGE bathroom, amazing water pressure in the shower! We went out exploring each day to come back and find the room had been re stocked and cleaned. ( We did not expect this ) Was awesome :-)
we ordered room service 2 nights and it was very nice and handy as we were too tired to go out. We have to go back down to Wollongong abit over the next few months and we will not be staying anywhere else. I do not have one complaint! I cant rate it highly enough!!

Room Tip: We were in room 208 - furtherst from the lift so it was nice and quiet. One the friday night you can hear the music coming from down stairs but its nothing you cant deal with we slept through it fine. We had mountain/ escarpment views - really nice although im sure the ocean side would of been nicer views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KTJLK
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Location: just a few minutes walk to Aldi, McDonalds and lots of restaurants. Views from the balcony were beautiful. The room was much better than expected and very quiet. It had a separate bedroom with a TV, two-way bathroom (shower pressure was perfect), and large combined lounge room and kitchenette/dining. Only thing I didn't like was the bed (a double) - every time one of us moved, the whole bed moved (it certain wasn't a "no partner disturbance" type bed). If I had been staying longer than 2 nights, I would have asked for a room change because of this, because we didn't sleep well at all. I would stay here again though, it was a much nicer room (apartment, not just a room) than the Novotel where we last stayed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed for two nights here and I slept well both nights in the comfortable king bed. Was a treat to have a separate living area and kitchenette after staying in hotel rooms. We were able to do our laundry ourselves at no extra cost which was a real bonus. Lovely view of the Illawarra Escarpment and easy walking distance to the City Centre and Crown Street Mall. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course and sea then you won't have any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pechfoodlover
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Lovely room fantastic view over golf course and beach. One problem the bed was very hard and the spring was sticking in back and pillows to firm and no choice for any other all same . Facilities good Good food at restearaunt reasonable prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple