“Great Place to Stay!”

Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Wollongong
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had an Friday overnight stay. The Hotel is in a great location - lots of great little restaurants nearby and close to the shopping centre. It is only a short 2 block stroll to the beachfront and walkways. The one bed was large and clean with a good size balcony.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jay H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear JankenNewcastle,

Thank you for your review. It is with pleasure I read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It gives myself and the team a good feeling to know our guests are enjoying themselves when staying with us.
Thank you also for the good tips on restaurants and the beach being close.
Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Kind Regards,
Jay Hore | Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booking was incorrect, room allocated was noisy (above the bar) despite staff knowing I was examining at the university from 7am the following day. Got very little sleep second to music and bar noise and struggled examining the following day as a result. Not recommended unless you are planning a night out.

1  Thank Medical P

Dear Medical P,

Thank you for your review.
I am disappointed to read that your experience with Adina Wollongong was not what you had hoped for.

I apologise for any noise issues you may have experienced. We will always make every attempt to re-locate a guest to a different area of the building to find the most suitable location and apartment for your needs and do all we can to assist where possible.

Unfortunately I am unaware if this was brought to our attention whilst you were with us as I am sure the team would have assisted however they could at the time.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss further.

Kind Regards,
Ben Smith | Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Thank you for a great experience the girls working during lunch and morning tea were fantastic . The rooms were great as always clean and comfortable. conference rooms were great . Liked the best the cheery ladies at conference morning tea there names escape me at the moment but I know that ones family lives in Ulladulla . Down side gym and sauna not in use and I always use them but I understand repairs were needed

Dear Brett M,
Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at the Adina Wollongong. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to be personable and excited to be of help. I too am most proud of the team we have at the hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.
I am pleased to say that all the facilities are back up and running having had a quick facelift.
Myself and the team look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel.
Warm regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

By Caroline Kayser, June 19 2014
Very friendly staff obliged our request for a quiet apartment by giving us "the best room in the house" with a lovely view beyond the city to the ocean. We were given immediate help when, being techno nerds, we could not operate some of the appliances. Kitchen although a little small fine for basic cooking. Would recommend for a short or long stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Caroline K,
Thank you for staying with us & thank you also for taking the time to let us know of your experience.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass your kind comments to our team.
Thank you again & we would look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Warm regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for 1 night in s 1 (king) Bedroom apartment and paid AUD$169, with a bonus choice of free bottle of wine or a late checkout. I suspect the building is reasonably new or certainly recently renovated. The room was very modern, very clean and well furnished and laid out. I suspect my room - being a corner room - was larger than most.
The kitchen area was well stocked - cooker, microwave, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, etc - the bathroom was very large, with separate shower and bath. In the bathroom was also a washing machine and dryer for clothes, but $4.50 for a sachet of washing powder .was a rip off price. The living room had a kitchen table, sofa and occasional table, flat screen TV and all the usual. The bedroom was large with a very comfortable bed, huge wardrobe (with safe) and also a TV and alarm/music player with iPhone 5 docking station.
The location seems very good, just in the heart of the restaurant district, with shops, etc, nearby and a short walk to the beach.
There is a an underground secure car park for $10 per night.
WiFi in room was expensive, but 30 minutes free at reception, but free WiFi @ McDonald's close by!
The pool was closed for works when I was there so never got to see it.
Tip: Get a high floor room as street noise can be an issue.
Overall loved it and would return happily.

Room Tip: Tip: Get a high floor room as street noise can be an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Jay H, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hello AName,

Wow, what a fantastic review. 5/5 thank you so very much!

I have shared your detailed review with the team and they were delighted to hear you found your stay to be enjoyable.

A special thanks for your comments “The check-in staff was the nicest person I have met in any hotel in a long time. Very helpful and informative, as well as welcoming.” Our team pride themselves on a high level guest service and I am so happy you experienced this.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We highly recommend Adina Apartments, staff are always friendly, the rooms are clean.

It is great having your own laundry when traveling and a full size refrigerator including a fully stocked kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Klaus G,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for Adina Wollongong. Thank you for your positive comments.

I hope to see you again the next time you are visiting Wollongong.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent apartment (large, well equipped clean and comfortable) and friendly & efficient staff. Highly recommended. Close to the free shuttle bus which was is great service & close to good local restaurants.

Dear Russell H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Adina Wollongong.

I have to agree, Adina Wollongong has a great central location close to all you may need including some of Wollongong’s best restaurants.

We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Wollongong.

Warm regards,