“Absolutely shocking. Don't do it.”

Alexandra Park Motor Inn
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Bundaberg
Torquay, Australia
“Absolutely shocking. Don't do it.”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed at Alexandra Park Motor Inn the other day while staying in Bundaberg for a night. I was in town to meet with potential clients for my new business, as well as catching up with an old friend. I had a couple of people visit me when I had a knock on the door. It was the manager. He suggested to me that I was a 'working girl'. I was quite shocked by this and realised that he was making this assumption based on the fact that I was a female who had booked in alone.

I told him that I was not a working girl and he apologised and left. Upon leaving my room early the next day I left the room in excellent conditon. I had no outstanding bills. Upon checking my bank account a couple of days later I noticed that there had been an unauthorised transaction on my credit card account.

I rang the motel and asked why he had taken the money out. He told me that they had found several condoms in their public bin outside their motel and had therefore decided to deduct money from my account. When I suggested to him that this was infact illegal and I could report this he told me that he would tell everyone I was a working girl. Given the fact that I am starting a reputable business and am a qualified professional I assumed that he was not only happy to steal from my account but also to threaten me with slander.

I suggest to everybody, especially ladies travelling alone to give this place a wide berth. The rooms stink, there is hardly any room to park your vehicle so you have to park on the road and the managers have no problem with swiping money from your credit card without even informing you. Not happy at all.

Room Tip: Just don't go there there is nothing nice about the place
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
12 Thank Paidbykarma
Steven B, Manager at Alexandra Park Motor Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
It is really a dampener to see such a poor review come for the motel after all the hard work and renovations that have already been done. Only you the traveler can decide how much substance this really has compared to the more recent reviews and positive feedback of late. I understand that everyone is entitled to there opinion but to openly slander a business, when you have been caught out doing the wrong this by that person is unfair. I have mentioned in the past that this is my livelihood and I do whatever I can to accommodate all guests the best way I know how.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Our family of 8 stayed here , we booked in with very short notice it was good for the kids as the shops and parks are near by it also has wifi wich kept kids enertained while the adults could relax , the rooms are very clean and tidy and cleaned daily , the staff are very freindly & hospitable and were willing to help us in any way . We can see the young couple putting in the hard yards to improve the facilitiies and look foward to seeing the finished product on our next visit , overall a great place to to stay on a good budget !! GOOD TO SEE !! OH almost forgot the breakfast menu caters for everyone's needs from from fruit to cereals or a good English Breakfast & it was presented very well & door service was on time !! BRILLIANT !!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dion A
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here in feb with the girlfriend. Booked a spa room and wow, they not wrong when they say the spa is large enough to swim in.
New carpets, bedding and tv made it a very pleasent night. The fittings are old, but with the bed and carpet who really cares!!!
New owners are putting in a real effort and to tell you the truth I cant wait to get back there again.
Only one down fall andd that is that the undercover parking was not tall enough to fit our 4x4 in so had to park out in the rain. Other than this a lovely budget place to stay.
WELL DONE....

Room Tip: Spa room... The spa is huge!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James D
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The new owners are really working hard. very clean and comfortable, and quiet location, considering the low low price $83 per night. We stayed in downstairs room, with very old fashioned fittings, but very clean, excellent air conditioner, it was 31 degrees, new bed, mattress and pillows. Very important for us, as we had had a four hour drive. Fridge was just adequate, with the freezer section totally frozen, which was a slight nuisance as we wanted to have ice for our esky. Owners very friendly, gave us late checkout with no extra to pay. New landscaping around the pool was lovely. Bathrooms still need modernising, and we were told they were next on their list. Very easy to walk into CBD to get to shops and cafes. And very safe to walk around Bundaberg all hours.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angelorange49
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The new renovations have really made a difference! New carpet, lighting, bedding and tvs, great value for only $90 a night.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Jay102418
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2011

After reading previous reviews it was great to see that the owners are making a great effort to improve the rooms We had two rooms booked and both had been recently re carpeted and had new comfortable beds. Everything was clean the sheets crisp and white and the towels good quality. We particularly wanted mud crab for dinner and the chef at the resaurant organised it when we couldnt find it anywhere else in bundaberg.A good comfortable hotel for the price with excellent sevice all round

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank caroline d
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This place is awful...dirty, smelly and just dated. Keep driving and don't even think about staying here.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank POINTWENDY
Steven B, Owner at Alexandra Park Motor Inn, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Hi,

My sincerest apologies that our room didn't meet your expecations during your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your feedback as we have only been operating the Motel for a couple of months. We are currently working hard to upgrade the facilities within our rooms and have installed new carpets in all our downstairs room with upstairs to follow in the next couple of weeks. Other improvements are planned in the near future, obviously all these things can't happen at once but rest assured should you choose to stay with us in future we hope you will be pleasantly surprised.