“alexandra park motor inn”

Alexandra Park Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Bundaberg
toowoomba
“alexandra park motor inn”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I rate this as an excellant motel, the owners are friendly and very obliging. they have recently taken over this motel and have done an extreme makeover. The rooms are spotless, and the beds are comfortable. I would not hesitate in recommending this motel to anyone wanting a quite comfortable room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ToowoombaMyra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
monto
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here with my husband and two children June 2012 and was extremely happy with the room we got. We had an executive room which had plenty of room for all of us. The shower was huge and plenty of water pressure! Quiet, of the highway so you don't get the traffic noise, but close to the CBD.
When we walked in to the room it smelt very clean and looked very tidy and well presented.
We love the fact that this motel is also across from the fantastic park and zoo which we made the most of with the kids.
I would certaintly reccommend this motel to everyone and will be staying here again in the near future. Thankyou to the new managers who are doing a terrific job in renovating but also keeping a realistic rate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tracy b
Waikoloa, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The place on their website looked good. We booked in for 3 nights. Arrived on the 17th May and was given room 11 apparently an executive suite. Walked in...dust everywhere...checked the bathroom..mold crawling up the grout between the tiles, it was so thick I was able to use the key to scrape it off... small bathtub thing patched and disgusting looking, mold built up on the fixture holding the glass half screen to the bath....yuk...checked the fridge...hmmm more mold in the seal of the fridge door...sat on the end of the bed and it nearly collapsed on the ground....locked the door, located the manager...who by the way was dressed in a track suit...nice presentation...told him we weren't staying because it was disgusting....he looked blankly at me...muttered oh!...didn't offer an apology...so we left...had been on his premises for about 20 minutes all told. I then noticed on my next credit card account he had actually had the nerve to charge me $95 for a nights accommodation. If you see this place advertised....RUN AWAY!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Julie D
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2012

These new owners are excellent and have done this place up and are continuing to do so. Very comfortable, clean, quiet in rooms, large rooms, friendly and accommodating staff, great bottle shop very close by. Unfortunately the weather was not good when we were there so we did not
venture to the parks etc, but they are very close. Will definitely be back to stay as price is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suites are great, but not for the oldies as spa is a climb in and out.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan M
Torquay, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed at Alexandra Park Motor Inn the other day while staying in Bundaberg for a night. I was in town to meet with potential clients for my new business, as well as catching up with an old friend. I had a couple of people visit me when I had a knock on the door. It was the manager. He suggested to me that I was a 'working girl'. I was quite shocked by this and realised that he was making this assumption based on the fact that I was a female who had booked in alone.

I told him that I was not a working girl and he apologised and left. Upon leaving my room early the next day I left the room in excellent conditon. I had no outstanding bills. Upon checking my bank account a couple of days later I noticed that there had been an unauthorised transaction on my credit card account.

I rang the motel and asked why he had taken the money out. He told me that they had found several condoms in their public bin outside their motel and had therefore decided to deduct money from my account. When I suggested to him that this was infact illegal and I could report this he told me that he would tell everyone I was a working girl. Given the fact that I am starting a reputable business and am a qualified professional I assumed that he was not only happy to steal from my account but also to threaten me with slander.

I suggest to everybody, especially ladies travelling alone to give this place a wide berth. The rooms stink, there is hardly any room to park your vehicle so you have to park on the road and the managers have no problem with swiping money from your credit card without even informing you. Not happy at all.

Room Tip: Just don't go there there is nothing nice about the place
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
12 Thank Paidbykarma
Steven B, Manager at Alexandra Park Motor Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
It is really a dampener to see such a poor review come for the motel after all the hard work and renovations that have already been done. Only you the traveler can decide how much substance this really has compared to the more recent reviews and positive feedback of late. I understand that everyone is entitled to there opinion but to openly slander a business, when you have been caught out doing the wrong this by that person is unfair. I have mentioned in the past that this is my livelihood and I do whatever I can to accommodate all guests the best way I know how.
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Our family of 8 stayed here , we booked in with very short notice it was good for the kids as the shops and parks are near by it also has wifi wich kept kids enertained while the adults could relax , the rooms are very clean and tidy and cleaned daily , the staff are very freindly & hospitable and were willing to help us in any way . We can see the young couple putting in the hard yards to improve the facilitiies and look foward to seeing the finished product on our next visit , overall a great place to to stay on a good budget !! GOOD TO SEE !! OH almost forgot the breakfast menu caters for everyone's needs from from fruit to cereals or a good English Breakfast & it was presented very well & door service was on time !! BRILLIANT !!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dion A
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here in feb with the girlfriend. Booked a spa room and wow, they not wrong when they say the spa is large enough to swim in.
New carpets, bedding and tv made it a very pleasent night. The fittings are old, but with the bed and carpet who really cares!!!
New owners are putting in a real effort and to tell you the truth I cant wait to get back there again.
Only one down fall andd that is that the undercover parking was not tall enough to fit our 4x4 in so had to park out in the rain. Other than this a lovely budget place to stay.
WELL DONE....

Room Tip: Spa room... The spa is huge!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple