“Subpar”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2013

In town on a business trip I had a craving for thai food and knew this place was just down the street from my hotel. I ignored the bad reviews online figuring that even if it's not a place to write home about the pad thai would still hit my craving on the head, my mistake.

I ordered the chicken satay as an entree with the pad thai as main, the satays were too salty and without much peanut flavour but at least they were edible. The pad thai on the other hand was one of the least palatable dishes I've ever been served, anywhere. Honestly standard airline food has more flavour and zest than this dish. This is supposed to be a dish bursting with flavour (lime, fish sauce, prawn, peanut, corriander etc), instead all I could taste was grease and gluggy rice noodles.

Looking for some positives here the staff were very friendly and helpful and when I addressed the sorry state of the pad thai with the manager she was polite and forthcoming with a refund.

Don't make my mistake though, avoid this place and if you're craving thai hit up one of the other thai venues in the city. I can't vouch for them but almost anything would be better than this place.

5  Thank gdf002

Reviewed 6 February 2013

There are a lot of rules in this restaurant especially the order of service, small entree size & mains also on the small size & 3 out of 5 very bland in flavors, hired wait staff helpful.

1  Thank boatboybrad
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Serving sizes very small, food was just average nothing special. They didnt have the wine we ordered off the menu and then we were given half a glass of another.

1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 22 October 2012

No idea about the evening but we lunch there quite often. Genuine Thai food slightly modified for western taste (we have spent time in Thailand) but overall very good with good decor and service.

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was in Bundy last month visiting family and we all met up at my Grandparents house. Everyone decided Thai would be a cuisine that we would al enjoy!

Having eaten at Thai Tulips before the choice was obvious, all 10 dishes we ordered were great even though they sat in containers for 20mins while we drove across town to pick it up.

My Grandfather had never eat Thai food before and he really enjoyed it.

The Massaman curry is delicious as is the chicken cashew and green curry.

Everyone went back for seconds it was that good!

1  Thank AU_Traveler