“unhappy Jan”

Best Western Boulevard Lodge
Best Western Boulevard Lodge
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Bundaberg
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Do not believe the adverts, pricey, small plain & unimpressive rooms straight out of the seventies, inconviently located away from the city centre, abrupt managers, and restrictive parking. Supposed to be the newest motel in Bundaberg, puffery or false advertising at its best, I suggest you go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kerry D

Reviewed 6 August 2011

I only stayed one week (7 days) and...

One morning my breakfast room service order was missed! It was about 5 minutes after the time it was supposed to be delivered, so I phoned to see how it was going. I was told that it had been missed and the kitchen was now closed. Oh well...

At checkout I suggested waiving my phone call costs (came to about $5.00) as compensation for the missed breakfast. The lady had a little laugh about it but didn't seem to think it was a good idea.

On check in I handed over my frequent flyer card, but was told that because the booking was made through wotif I couldn't earn points on it. I travel all the time with work. I'm actually away from home more often than I am home, and ALL my bookings are done through wotif. However this has never been a problem at any other motel!!

On Saturday, although I wasn't home all day, my room didn't get serviced. To be honest, I don't care, but it's hardly what I'd expect of 4 stars either.

Thismorning my "omelet" was served with no filling. In other words, it was a dry piece of egg. I couldn't even eat it all. This happened because on my breakfast order I did not tick any fillings. This was not a mistake. You see, when I handed my first order in the lady said, "don't forget to tick your 3 fillings, If you don't tick any we'll just make you our favorite omelet because obviously we don't know what you like". So this time I decided to leave it upto the chef. Turns out the chefs favorite omelet is a dry piece of egg??? Yeah right. I don't even know any chef that would be happy to serve an omelet like this, especially without further clarification.

So while all the above issues are fairly small, overall, I don't think this place should have been rated 4 stars. I suspect the AAA has rated it 4 stars because the building is nice, the rooms are nice, etc....and it's not all bad:

On the bright side, there is free internet. Having said that, I've stayed in 4 different Bundaberg motels and they all had free internet (seems to be common here). I liked all of them better (and some of them are cheaper).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business