“Business in Bunbaberg”

Country Comfort Bundaberg
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Bundaberg
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I travel to Bundaberg to visit with the people in our branch office regularly. It is usually overnight and all I need is a place to lay my head that is neat and clean. Sure the place is a bit dated but for the business traveller who wants clean and neat rooms with ample space in the bedroom and in the bathroom, this is tops.
The restaurant attached provides great meals and the staff both here and in the Hotel are very friendly and free with answers to question you may have on the area.
Will continue to stay here during visits to Bundaberg.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce M

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Much like Mackay, somehow or other, there doesn't seem to be good accomodation for people coming to Bundaberg on business.

However, the Country Comfort is more than adequate and their spa rooms have a good sized desk for your after hours business tasks.

The rooms are a good size and have all the comforts. Nothing salubrious, of course, but a decent sized spa bath and a reasonably sized TV set. (I do hate those those very small ones that many hotels still have).

Another advantage of the Country Comfort is that it has a very good restaurant on the premises. Tony is in charge and is excellent. The staff are attentive and obliging and the meal I ordered was above average. Breakfast is served in the adjoining motel which is owned by the same family.

The motel is handily placed close to town and also close to the airport. Easy to find and easy to get to.

I have now tried three different motels in Bundaberg and believe this is the best in Bundaberg for business people. It is a pity, though, that the city doesn't have accomodation such as the Ramada in Hervey Bay.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get a spa room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank WellTravelledAussie2
Reviewed 3 May 2012

If I had read all the reviews first I would have picked somewhere celse to stay - I'm glad I didn't!
Sure it is an old motel but the rooms are spotlessly clean and probably 50% larger than your standard motel. Great bathroom, plenty of space and good facilities. Well located on the main road we found the staff to be very helpful. Undercover car parking was appreciated as we encountered heavy rain on our arrival
Frankly, I couldn't fault this place, it is good value for money and deserves better reviews

Room Tip: No problems -all the rooms appear to be fairly quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The rooms are very out dated but saying that they are still clean and fresh. Staff where friendly except when we told them the spa didn't work. We where still charged full price for this room even though the bath spa didn't work. This didn't seem fair to me wouldnt stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tinny404
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband & I travelled 4 hours to this motel to be greeted with I wasn't going to open but the phone kept ringing. I have no staff so can't make beds. When we got in the room we had 1 towel. Ordered bkfast for saturday & got someone elses nothing like what we wanted. We had to ask office staff to remove our bkfast trays in the afternoon but the staff had come in during the morning & changed our towels which were not left on the floor.The restaurant that is attached to motel was closed all weekend no mention at time of booking. An empty pizza box stayed in the room from Friday until we left Monday. Outdoor BBQ setting area was filthy. Found the owner/operator to be very argumentative.I wish we had done more homework before we went away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne G
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Travelling with some colleges and booked in on late notice, most of the town was booked out so whilst the reviews on trip advisor were not great we had little alternative choice. The hotel is located on the main thoroughfare so access is easy, unfortunately unless you wish to drive eating options are thin on the ground.
Our rooms faced the car park with direct line of sight to the industrial garbage bins. My toilet had a leak which meant I was kept awake with the constant dripping even with the door closed. The decor is knocked around however the rooms are very clean. There is no soap just the annoying liquid soap and shampoo dispensers. All rooms have the world's smallest flat screen tv (computer monitor size)
For dinner we choose to eat at the restaurant. One colleague ordered a vodka and after some searching was told there was none available, the first wine and second wine chosen from the wine list also were not available.
We ordered our meals; two of us ordered steaks both came well over cooked to our request.
My steak was gristly the other ok apart from being cooked well done. The other two found there meals were ok but appeared to be made with packet sauces etc which was the opposite of what the waiter was espousing when taking us through the menu.
Breakfast was extremely poor much of it written by previous reviews so I won't go into other than to say they continually ran out of one or another offer, so for example there would be bacon but no egg, if you waited for more eggs to arrive the bacon would be gone. Essentially you had to take what was there and let it go cold whilst you waited for other items to be replenished.
Check out was ok, would have been more efficient except the owner had rung through and was keeping the one person doing check out occupied with a series of questions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank thecrankytraveller
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I read the reviews before staying, and we me have been given a different room then most others, we started with possums fighting in the roof, so loud that you could just hear the TV, When I approached the manager I got the well what do you want me to do about it response and felt it was a major problem to change rooms, Once we changed rooms the AC did not work and when I tried to pull the power socket out of the wall the whole power point came with it exposing all the wires, then at 6am we were woken to the piercing sounds of the reversing warning signal of a dump truck outside our bedroom window which returned 3 time 20min apart.
In conclusion if you like to sleep in steam rooms, love the sounds of the native wildlife getting it on all night and need to be up at 6am then this is the place for you,

Room Tip: find another
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Matt751
bundabergmgr, Front Office Manager at Country Comfort Bundaberg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

As we live in Queensland all possums are protected and we are unable to move them. They do not stay for long as there is no food available so they do move on,
Guest didnt advise of Air Con not working at night and pulled cord out of power point causing wires to be exposed.
We have contacted rubbish removal people and pick up will now be in the afternoon. They should not have come early morning.