“Ticks the boxes”

Ranked #34 of 149 Restaurants in Bundaberg
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Kafe is situated at the front of the beautiful old arcade, with opening French doors, the ambiance is abundant with the feel of old world charm. Plenty of room between tables enables customers to enjoy conversations without being overwhelmed with noise with plenty of outdoor seating available. We are child and nursing mothers friendly and our staff love to ensure our visitors are relaxed and well looked after and not rushed.
newcastle
“Ticks the boxes”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here & I have to admit I looked at the menu thinking yeah yeah. Nothing great here. There were nachos on special so I thought I'd give them a go. I loved them. Separate dishes of house made beans, guacamole & sour cream accompanied the cheesy corn chips to assemble my own creation. The service was friendly, the coffee decent & my partner enjoyed his crumbed whiting & salad. Plus our two drinks & two meals came to $10 less than we'd usually pay for a cafe lunch. Priced right, fresh food, great service...tick,tick,tick

3 Thank seaspirals
Kathleen N, Co-Owner at Melting Moments The Kafe, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you seaspirals for your kind review of the Kafe. I am very pleased you and your partner enjoyed your meal and beverage and you received a pleasant surprise when it came to the cost. I hope you enjoy your stay in the city and would love to see you again.

“Bundaberg lunch spot”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Always a great feed here, generally fairly busy. Coffee is always spot on and there is a great assortment of home cooked cakes and slices, scrummy.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank BundyCol
Kathleen N, co-owner at Melting Moments The Kafe, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you BundyCol for you review of the Kafe. I am pleased you enjoy the coffee and can always find a great feed to satisfy the hunger pangs, its lovely to have feedback from customers and we hope to see you again, real soon,
“Excellent service and food. ”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

An excellent cafe in the main street. Sit and people watch out the front or sit quietly in the arcade. Good variety of food. Has table sizes to accommodate larger groups as well as the small. Food is excellent and the service is friendly.

3 Thank David O
Kathleen N, Co-owner at Melting Moments The Kafe, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for the kind words in your review David O, I am happy to know you are pleased with the food and service at the Kafe and I think you would be a customer who likes to sit and read the paper as well as watching the outside world go by. Hope to see you again.
Sydney, Australia
“"Great Coffee"”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a lovely café with friendly staff, great food and very affordable. It has a relaxed atmosphere. I go there whenever I can.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank AmandaJane68
Kathleen N, Co-Owner at Melting Moments The Kafe, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you AmandaJane for your comment on the Kafe, I am very happy to hear that you enjoy your visits to us, find the food and coffee to your liking and hope you return again.
Brisbane, Australia
“Such a wonderful vibe”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We spent a week around the Bundaberg region and ate here for breakfast one morning after a recommendation from a local.

If I were to describe this place I would say; think Australian small town hospitality and that's exactly what you get. A combination of homely decor and happy, vibrant staff make this cafe a nice place to eat. In my honest opinion, the food was quite average (not bad, but not mind blowing either). Although in saying that, there were three people in our party of five that would beg to differ.

To conclude, I would say if your looking for premium quality food this might not be the place for you. If your just looking for a nice, well priced breakfast with the family then it is perfect.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank Dan O
Kathleen N, Co-Owner at Melting Moments The Kafe, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review Dan O. I am pleased your family called into our Kafe for breakfast but I am sorry it was not up to every body's expectations. We do not pretend to be up-market but usually our meals are greatly appreciated. Again, thank you.