Bombora Resort Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Tweed Central Motel(Tweed Heads)
Ocean Plaza Resort(Coolangatta)
  • Pool
Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort(Coolangatta)
  • Pool
Blue Pelican Motel(Tweed Heads)
Mantra Twin Towns(Coolangatta)
  • Pool
Las Vegas Motor Inn(Tweed Heads)
View Hotel
All reviewsplenty of tea coffeestate of repairnearby parktown centrequiet locationroom was clean tidyshower cubiclegriffith streetthe ground flooramazing locationbit dateddecent sizeminute walklocal shopssnapperwalking distancewould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Have stayed in Coolangatta often over the years, but this place was the best value so far. Had a room overlooking the pool & the large park for $79.00, which on the Gold Coast, is pretty good value! It is a short walk through the park to the beach, shops, cinemas, restaurants & the centre of Coolangatta. Located in a very quiet area. Room & bathroom were clean & comfortable. Short taxi ride to Gold Coast Airport. Great value and location, and will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Pantherboy
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed here with a friend for two weeks - our first stop on our backpacking tour - and we really loved it! Coming from Sydney, and a pretty disgusting, cockroach-ridden dump, anything would have been an improvement!

We were on the ground floor, a few steps away from the pool. The resort faces a lovely park and the beach and local shops are mere moments away.

The only thing that I personally didn't like was how early the housekeeping staff knocked on the door - always around 9am. (A bit too early for my liking but at least they came round everyday! Again, a vast improvement on our Sydney digs...)

Great location and a really good price. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have stayed at Bombora Resort maybe 10 times over the past 3 years, it is my secret Coolangatta retreat from the world. I have stayed alone, with my partner & sometimes I even treat my kids with a trip away. The prices are fantastic & allow me to indulge my need for a beach escape every couple of months.
Troy & the staff are great. The location is fabulous, a short walk away from the beach & the main road through a lovely park. Bombora sits quietly overlooking a huge park with a wake-up chorus of bird calls in the morning & the sun streaming onto the balcony & into the room if I let it (which I always do).
Everything is easy & unpretentious. I feel perfectly content to be busy or lazy, so long as I am relaxed. If you are content to enjoy the beautiful surroundings in a laid back fashion, you will just love it here. If you want a bright, sparkly, theme park, entertain me now! type experience you should probably look for somewhere bigger & less personal.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms near the pool have direct access to the park & restaurant. Higher 2 floors have longer views over the park & lovely sun-kissed balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here for a week recently. Will not be staying there again. Very dated, poorly maintianed and very uninterested cleaning staff and management.
Resort????? Does having a pool, that wasnt cleaned in the week I stayed there consitute being a resort.????
Firstly, the Kingsized bed ( which we were charged extra for ) was two 3/4 matteresses zipped together. Nothing better than coping that in your back while trying to sleep.
Asked management for a change of room or bed. Answer we are booked out and it is a new bed.
Really done my crook back wonders.
Next. Staff didnt replace the very generous 3 little long life milks. Wonderfull. No milk for my morning coffee.
Next. Put out the towels and bath mat for changing after 2 days use.
Result. No new towels left in the room. Just Wonderful service.
Office is only open from 8.30am to 5.00pm. What sort of service is that???
I didnt book this accomadation. It was booked through an agent by my travelling companion otherwise i would have left the second day.
On the positive side it is only a few minutes walk to the main st and the cost was reasonable, but in my opinion I won't stay there again. The picture above must have been taken when the " Resort " was new, that would have been a long time ago.
A bit brutal, but I call it as I see It.

Room Tip: I wouldnt Bother
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Frank M
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The room we had led directly onto the pool area and overlooked the park. Located on a quiet and small cul-de-sac, this is a great location and easy access to all Coolangatta and Surfer's Paradise has to offer.

Room Tip: Room 1 opens onto the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family