“Gold Standard”

George's Paragon Seafood Restaurant Coolangatta
Ranked #5 of 150 Restaurants in Coolangatta
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Gold Standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had lunch here 3 days in a row. What's not to love about first class food and wine, smart & smartly attired waitstaff, & sparkling table settings. Could not find fault with this restaurant on any one of those 3 days. Just brilliant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank DPM1967

Ballina, Australia
“Brilliant service heralds a brilliant lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Last Monday my son and I were in Coolangatta on business and were ready for lunch. We scanned the many restaurants and were drawn to George's because of its bright blue and white Greek theme - and table-cloths - I've got a thing about table-cloths! When we were seated the Maitre-de placed linen napkins on our laps and introduced our waitress. I immediately thought, Oh dear, this is going to be expensive! What a surprise then, when the menus arrived to find most main courses were under $20.00! There is an excellent selection of seafood and other dishes so choosing was a little bit of a problem, which means some return visits to try the other choices on our 'short list'. I had the whiting served with broccolini, the crunchiest chips and home-made tartare sauce) and my son had the filled chicken pasta. We both agreed that it was high among the best we have had.

The wine list included a chernin blanc, available by the glass, from Stellenbosch (Sth Africa), a place of which I have fond memories, Our waitress suggested I try it before ordering a glass and presented me with a sherry glassful on the house. Delicious!

Hardly surprising that George's was the only restaurant on the strip that looked remotely busy for a Monday lunchtime!

I live about 100km south of Coolangatta but plan to make the trip again soon just to 'Do Lunch'!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Derek F
Bellingen, Australia
“Nice little restaurant south end of Coolangatta. Food & Service Excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

First time at this restaurant. It was interesting to compare to the Burleigh Heads and Sanctuary cove Georges.The usual high standard of food and service was apparent right away.
Very nicely presented meals. Not expensive at all for the quality.
The Coolangatta site is not as upmarket as Sanctuary Cove but it is still very good.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank kalyngra
Goolwa, Australia
“Fantastic steak dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I took advantage of their half price menu here between 5.30 - 6-30, like most people it seems, as the place was very busy.
We had eye fillet on a bed of mash with broccoli and carrots. We both like medium to rare and it was cooked to perfection. Price was $19.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sally113
Warwick, Australia
“Great service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this restaurant, they staff were friendly and professional, the food was well priced and completely delicious. Go early to avoid long queues...

Visited June 2014