Mantra Twin Towns
US$101
US$97
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gold Coast Airport Motel(Coolangatta)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$92
US$86
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort(Coolangatta)
US$194
US$121
US$68
US$59
Priceline
US$104
Nirvana By The Sea(Coolangatta)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Ocean Plaza Resort(Coolangatta)
Hotels.com
4,914 results
All reviewsharbour towerbuffet breakfastgreat locationsignatures restaurantindoor poolservices clubhotel roomsteam roomone bedroom apartmenteasy accessgreat roomgreat place to staytweed rivertweed headsshort staygreat facilitiescar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2011

fell in tove with this place as soon as i entered my 1bdrm apartment. modern with everything i needed for a one night stay! the view was lovely especially having a sliding door from the bedroom lead out to the balcony - was definitely heaven having a arvo nap on my huge king size bed with the sun shining on me & with the mild breeze flowing around :) loved the fact i could hook up my flashdrive to the bdroom telly to listen to music. enjoyed the bath & the fact that i cud see out to the bdrm and that stunning view! outdoor pool is lovely - looks like it would be a huge hit during the summer, spa was a lil cold for my liking tho - otherwise great facilities. gym looked huge. guy at reception was very helpful the morning i was checking out at 6am. i had a lot of bags to carry so called him for a trolley but as he was the only one down there he said he couldnt but if i like i can come down to get it. i understood but its abit of a walk to lobby so opted to drag my bags hahahaha. got off the elevator & he was there with the trolley :) was soo grateful! great service!!!. sorry i forgot your name but you are a champ!!!! hoping to get back to outriggers some day soon!!! thanks :)

Room Tip: ask for the new tower
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
CaretakerManager, Manager at Mantra Twin Towns, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2011

Oh, I know his name!

I’ll be sure to let him know your wonderful comments are posted on Tripadvisor and we’ll all make a fuss about it. I’m very proud of the individuals working with us here at Outrigger Twin Towns Resort and we all very much enjoy our experience at work.

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post your thoughts. We certainly hope to see you back.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Our 3 night stay in an "as new" one bedroom apartment located in the border town of Tweed Heads was most enjoyable. The apartment contained a fully equipped kitchen, lounge area and a table with 4 chairs. A large flat screen TV and stereo system complimented the lounge area.

The separate bedroom also included a large flat screen TV with cable TV channels. The bathroom was large and included a washing machine and dryer which we used several times.

The resort includes many activities: gym, swimming pool, games room with electronic machines, internet room, mini golf etc etc.

Located on the opposite side of the road to the huge Twin Towns Services Club with its 7 restaurants and live entertainment. A covered walkway above the road connects the Outrigger to Twin Towns Club.

Our stay was most enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lacepede

Well, we’ll be asking you to be involved in our marketing team! Thank you for posting your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

booked a show and stay package, the room(suite) was a very generous size, beautifully furnished, spotless, great view, the staff on arrival and for breakfast were helpful, polite and extremely courtous. The only thing that could have been improved was the show tickets were to the side of the stage, when purchasing the whole package I think the seats could be slightly better, but we will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you and I will certainly be showing our housekeepers and public area cleaners your post; they certainly appreciate the recognition.

Twin Towns Services Club does try to look after our guests who book the show & stay packages. Once booked through our system, they allocate the next best available so there still is a fair case of first in best dressed. With the Club attracting some well known acts its certainly recommended to book early.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed here one night for business at Coolangatta Airport. Staff were very friendly and room was OK, had a small desk, great views from the balcony of my room on the 11th floor of Red Tower (see photos). Room was clean and in good condition. Internet access was good, especially free access in the bar by the lobby. Free parking as well. There were decent indoor and outdoor pools and breakfast was very good.

Options for eating and drinking were pretty poor though. The bar by reception is very small and doesn't serve food. There was a club attached to the hotel which had a few places to eat and drink at good value, but was pretty budget surroundings, some without table service.

I went for a walk outside the hotel about a block away at 10pm for a drink and everything was dead except for some hoons in cars. I ended up back at the hotel watching a covers band with a geriatric audience. Maybe it was the time of year.

If I was there with my family I may go there but would probably try and find somewhere else for business visits.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments and, yes, you would be spot on with your recommendations and observations about Coolangatta, the Services Club and our market segments. Whilst our location to Coolangatta Airport does attract a number of corporate travellers, our Hotel does cater to the Services Club members and visitors whilst our Apartments cater well the family away on the Aussie Beach holiday. Hope we see you return with family in tow soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed here with my partner who was attending a conference. She booked this hotel for the convenience of being in the hotel that was hosting the conference.

Being the #1 hotel in Coolangatta and being advertised a beautiful 4.5 star resort with restaurants and all the amenities we were excited to stay here.. however it was so far from meeting my expectations its not even funny.

Although it wasn't a horrible experience it was so mediocre and weird in every aspect that I just wanted to leave by the 3 night.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a terrible hotel but it is very average and is a very strange place.

Here's a run down of the positives and negatives I encountered;

The Positives

- Good location (close to restaurants, beach transport)
- Room had everything we needed (TV, radio, fridge, toaster, kettle, etc)
- Decent view from balcony (ocean between 3 high rises)
- Live music at night (if your into the oldies music)

The Negatives

- A lot of the staff were friendly but unprofessional
- Around 400m walk from room to outside (gets very tiring and frustrating)
- Very small room
- Mould in shower
- Exhaust fan in bathroom was permanently on (this is a feature not an issue)
- Air-con was overly loud
- Phone in the room had issues
- Temperamental lift (got stuck twice)
- Charged for towels to use at the pool
- Both pools & spa needed a bit of work (had missing tiles)
- Spa was cold
- Had to 'sign-in' to access the restaurants. Then I had to then keep the piece of paper and present it everytime
- The 5 restaurants advertised and presented as 'gourmet' food was mass produced (like you'd find in a large nursing home)
- Waited 25 minutes in a line to order dinner at one the restaurants (everyone else was as unhappy as I was)
- No room service
- Expensive in room WiFi and no business centre as advertised (just an Internet cafe)
- A very strange atmosphere;

There are also a heap strata title apartments for retirees in the hotel. And lots of conference facilities. So the hotel is set up for mass volume and retirees. Be warned that 95% of the people in the restaurant and gaming section of the hotel are over 65. (nothing against retirees but gives you a feel for the strange atmosphere).

On the fourth day we run into a lady in the lift who said to us – "I can't wait to get out of this place!" .. "this place is disgusting" .. "the long walk to your room" .. "Got stuck in the lift" ..

So were weren't the only ones who couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank raspr
CaretakerManager, Manager at Mantra Twin Towns, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Strange response given what we clearly represent the Resort to be is exactly what you identified exists. I guess if one partner is staying for a conference and the other being self entertained there is always likely to be compromise in meeting expectations; certainly unfortunate we failed to meet yours on this occasion.

Just for clarity, and by all means please review our website and that of Twin Towns Services Club, the accommodation (reception, reservation and housekeeping), managed by Outrigger, and the F&B (staffing, conferencing, restaurants, bars, pokies, showroom and daily entertainment), managed by Twin Towns Services Club, are indeed two separate business houses working together to provide as seamless Resort experience as possible.

As a Services Club, by its nature, Twin Towns Services Club caters to and attracts an older clientele. As a Holiday Resort, Outrigger caters to and attracts older clientele who frequent the Club. We are also blessed with proximity to a series of Australia’s premier beaches including Kirra, Coolangatta, Snapper, D’bar and Point Danger; so attract and cater to families and surf related travellers.

Being the #1 rated Trip Advisor hotel in Coolangatta and being advertised a beautiful 4.5 star resort with restaurants and all the amenities is something we don’t take lightly and appreciate we can achieve the right thing, in the right way, at the right time – most of the time. Our sincere apologies you found it disappointing.