“Excellent Stay”
Review of Mantra Twin Towns

Mantra Twin Towns
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Coolangatta
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Our 3 night stay was extremely enjoyable, Our room was clean, had everything we required, had good balcony views, and service was excellent.

The walk over to the Twin Towns club was very convenient and wish we had had a longer stay.

Will certainly go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank BobvalSouthAustralia
Write a ReviewReviews (4,518)

Reviewed 6 October 2010

We had no real expectations of what our one bedroom apartment would be like as we have been disappointed a fair bit in the past with other hotels. However when we opened the door and entered our apartment we were absolutely delighted-it was so clean, well appointed, very modern and fresh and we had a great view over the harbour.On the way in the reception staff were very friendly and we found all the staff that way during our stay. We were sorry to leave but will be back there for a longer stay as soon as we can. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jacque67
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Checking in was easy & we were surprised by size of the car park. I suppose we noticed the car park because we stayed in a major hotel on Manly Beach last week & it was a sardine tin. The 2 bedroom apartment was very nice & well appointed with great views from the 3 balconies. The bathrooms are fantastic, the main huge.
It wasn't mentioned on the website so we were pleasantly surprised to find an indoor heated pool, tennis courts & putt putt golf, not to mention the gym & heated spa. The TV's (all 3 of them) were a bit dodgy but we weren't watching much anyway. It was great to just walk through to the Serices club for a good choice of reasonably priced food & club price drinks with live music. we asked for extra towels & they were brought to the door within 2 minutes.
A good shopping centre across the road for the essentials & plenty of nice places to eat up the street. We've stayed in quite a few resorts on the Gold Coast over the years & now I expect the kids won't let us stay anywhere else but Twin Towns from now on. Loved it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank mackagp
CaretakerManager, Manager at Mantra Twin Towns, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2010

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Outrigger works hard with Twin Town Services Club to provide a seamless resort experience and we are thrilled to hear your family has enjoys the property and all that Coolangatta / Tweed has to offer.

Further to that explained on our Guest Newsletter offered at check-in, we operate a Strata property which means all apartments are owned by individual investors and we (Outrigger) manage their apartments on their behalf. Comments on the televisions is very well received as it allows us to provide real time correspondence to owners about maintaining the apartments and keeping up with technology. Whilst the apartments are only three years old, the CRT type TVs are not digital ready. I am thrilled to advise that we commenced a program to upgrade to Flat Screen LCD TV across the property last month. To date, we have outstanding owner commitment (with many having to replace three TV’s at their own expense) resulting in just over 50% replaced so far. We also have the commitment of the Owner’s Corporation who are upgrading the Head End to a 100% full digital system that will soon provide full HD throughout the property – most hotels run the incoming HD signal through an analogue converter. So exciting times ahead for us. Again, it is through ongoing guest correspondence we continue to strive to provide distinctive service.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

The staff member at check in was rude and seemed to be very hassled by our presence. We were quite nice to him so I'm not sure why we were getting this treatment and we seriously couldn't understand why the check in process would take so, so long.

The hotel isn't the most straght forward place to navigate either - you may want to find a map so you don't waste too much time trying to get out of the place.

My room was quite nice but smaller than most Japanese hotel rooms I'm familiar with. I had ocean views which was a bonus I wasn't expecting. It was really clean apart from soap scum around fittings in the shower.

Now to the sleep part. I really need the airconditioner on - I felt like I was suffocating in that room without it. The problem was it was quite noisy (I could get used to that) and then it would randomly do this 'beep, beep, beep' thing. I've used plenty of airconditioners successfully before but I just couldn't figure this one out. No matter what I did it would still beep after about 20 - 30 min. Another person we were travelling with was treated really harshly when she needed to phone reception about a problem with her room so I just put up with the situation as best as I could.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Cherrytree79
CaretakerManager, Manager at Mantra Twin Towns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

I have taken the liberty of responding directly to the author of the above and am pleased to advise the communication was reciprocated and I was provided the opportunity to respond and apologise directly. More so, this guest advised of recently booking a couple of suites here for some (more) staff who wanted to stay at the resort. They reported that they really enjoyed their stay so I’m really glad about that.

We look to provide a genuine service as host and it was certainly disappointing to hear of our failures on this occasion. Whilst the individual staff member has not continued employment past his probationary period, our other staff have taken these comments personally and strive even harder to ensure we provide a distinctive experience to our guests.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

My husband booked in here for my birthday, I was very impressed ,and Im fussy !!.
Very clean through out, and bed and pillows very comfortable. Breakfast was included following morning, and the omelete made by chef was on par with large hotels.

Over all an enjoyable time, and I for one wished he had booked 2 nights lol

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mydestination2
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We've stayed here many times before and I can always count on the same standard.

It's a great location if you like to while away some time in the huge club across the road, and there is easy walking access to the beach. The seafront and all it's shops and cafes are only a short walk away.

I think Outrigger have priced themselves at the high end of the market since taking over the resort and personally I believe they have set the price too high. Sure, the rooms are nice, the rooms are clean, and the location is great but there is no sense of personal service. In fact you rarely see any hotel staff unless you pass the front desk.

It can get a bit noisy in the ocean view rooms, which are pretty restricted now since Reflections was constructed across the road. I'd recommend the slightly cheaper harbour view if you want a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebsterBrisbane
CaretakerManager, Manager at Mantra Twin Towns, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2010

I take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful comments and to offer a brief response.

Outrigger works with Twin Towns Services Club to provide a seamless guest experience. Coolangatta has also grown up over the last few years with a host of new cafe’s, restaurants and retail adding more convenience to a nostalgic holiday destination.

I clarify slightly on comments about our pricing and accommodation selection. Of the two towers, the Ocean Tower (closest to Griffith Street) is predominantly hotel rooms, the Harbour Tower (closest to Wharf Street) is predominantly one and two bedroom fully self contained suites. In June of 2010 we undertook to restructure our rates to ensure parity across all supply channels. Simply, our Hotel rooms include Breakfast whilst One Bedroom Suites offer larger floor plans and fully self contained facilities – the choice is yours for much the same price. Our Two bedroom apartments are only $70(room only) more per night. One night rates are high, there is a discount for two or more nights and our best rates are made available on stays in excess of five nights. Under market conditions at this time we are confident the rates offered provide the best value for money on the Gold Coast and in Tweed Heads and Northern New South Wales. Certainly, should you have any query regarding rate please contact us directly. For special offers and the best rate of the day, please go to our web site or check any of the links available at the top of the Trip Advisor page.

Reviewed 16 August 2010

We booked this without knowing what we were in for. The rooms were clean and fairly modern, We had a problem with a leak which took a little while to get fixed but that did not bother us and was more a problem to the hotel. Location is not beach front but in a very good location. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Indoor pool was freezing - did not bother trying the outdoor pool. I guess it was winter

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SPBrentwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coolangatta
Mantra Coolangatta Beach
#14 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Mantra on View Hotel
Mantra on View Hotel
#11 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Mantra Twin Towns? Share your experiences!