“Always a winner”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Always a winner”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Breakfast at Farleys is a must. Really great menu - heaps of choice and able to cater for me (I am a Coeliac sufferer so on a gluten free diet) with no problems at all.

Visited October 2011

Around the World
“I was scared of the waitress ... and the food”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Firstly, the waitress had a southern cross tattoo on her neck and looked really unclean and dirty, she slammed water down at our table and gruffly asked us what we wanted. When I queried her over something on the menu she stared me down and gave me a very abrupt "I dunno"... it did not seem apparent that she was going to find out either so I ordered something else.
When the meals arrived, the presentation was good. Well, apart from my fork which was covered in dried egg. My partners fork was the same. I went and asked for new cutlery and was given some from another table that was also dirty - so I had to clean it myself with water and a napkin.
The food looked good at first glance, but on closer inspection, it was terrible. The eggs were overcooked, the 'potato rosti' looked more like a watery vegetable mash that was over seasoned with dried herbs that did not complement the meal, which was actually impossible to eat. I left it there and ate the toast. When the waitress came to collect the plates she didn't ask how anything was - and she obviously didn't notice that the plate was full of the watery slop they had tried to sell as breakfast.
We just paid and left, the waitress was so unapproachable. However we have made sure to let all our friends know of the awful experience and terrible food we had.

Visited January 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“mediocrity rules”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The service was absolutely terrible. No one's drink orders were correct, the food took forever to arrive, the waitress dropped a big pile of silverware onto our table (with not enough knives and forks for our group), and $20 is a lot of money to pay for mediocre eggs, even by Australian standards. Maybe it was because it was New Years Day and the staff was hungover, but I wouldn't give this restaurant a second chance.

• Visited January 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The food and service were excellent. I had chicken - well-prepared and imaginatively presented and very tasty indeed.

• Visited November 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Had a very good meal on Tuesday evening. Service and food good”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We had been out and wanted a quiet meal with our friends. We went to Farley's in the restaurant area on the ground floor. We enjoyed good food , friendly service and reasonably priced drinks

Visited October 2011