“Great breakfast, little too pricey..”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Farleys Cafe Bar Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 153 Restaurants in Coolangatta
Coolangatta, Australia
“Great breakfast, little too pricey..”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I've been going to this place for breakfast with friends a fair bit, as they do an amazing Canadian Breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast and pancakes. The lactose free coffee is pretty good too. The juices are to die for..
The service is pretty good, but the owner can be a little cantankerous and abrupt.
Recently we stopped going, as there has been a massive price hike and $40 average spend on breakfast is just too much to justify. If they dropped prices we would go back for sure.

Visited September 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Enjoyable meal - good price”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Had an enjoyable dinner last Wednesday night. Lovely friendly waitress.
Had the early bird dinner special menu (had to order before 8:00pm for this menu) we had the barramundi, tandoori beef and chicken, all meals came with complimentary salad -lovely meal. Also had bruschetta bread - best bread I've had for a while. Also good wine menu as licensed restaurant. Restaurant is under Beach House Resort and is now called "52 Marine"

• Visited November 2012
Tweed Heads, Australia
“They lost me”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

My meal was cold (supposed to be hot). No replacement meal, no apology. Service was very average. I left there hungry. They just lost 12 customers.

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Always a winner”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Breakfast at Farleys is a must. Really great menu - heaps of choice and able to cater for me (I am a Coeliac sufferer so on a gluten free diet) with no problems at all.

Visited October 2011
Around the World
“I was scared of the waitress ... and the food”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Firstly, the waitress had a southern cross tattoo on her neck and looked really unclean and dirty, she slammed water down at our table and gruffly asked us what we wanted. When I queried her over something on the menu she stared me down and gave me a very abrupt "I dunno"... it did not seem apparent that she was going to find out either so I ordered something else.
When the meals arrived, the presentation was good. Well, apart from my fork which was covered in dried egg. My partners fork was the same. I went and asked for new cutlery and was given some from another table that was also dirty - so I had to clean it myself with water and a napkin.
The food looked good at first glance, but on closer inspection, it was terrible. The eggs were overcooked, the 'potato rosti' looked more like a watery vegetable mash that was over seasoned with dried herbs that did not complement the meal, which was actually impossible to eat. I left it there and ate the toast. When the waitress came to collect the plates she didn't ask how anything was - and she obviously didn't notice that the plate was full of the watery slop they had tried to sell as breakfast.
We just paid and left, the waitress was so unapproachable. However we have made sure to let all our friends know of the awful experience and terrible food we had.

Visited January 2012