Rydges Gladstone Hotel
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
Excellent 5/5
    All reviewsthe main hotelnice restaurantwater pressurethai restaurantwould stay againgood sizereception stafffree wificomfortable bedscentre of townratesharbour
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've stayed here on and off for the last 20 years under its various names. Always convenient to the centre of town. Parking is good as is the service. Always found the restaurant a little expensive for dinner or breakfasts but convenient. Rooms average and clean. They also now have "studio" rooms out the back across the street in a rennoed old ex-hotel which are OK but they immediately lost my patronage in the restaurant for breaky or dinner as it was just as easy to walk to other economical venues with a wider menu. WiFi didn't work initially however the router was fixed by the end of the week. If you book direct try to get a room with a view it makes a difference.

Room Tip: Book direct
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
    EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Gladstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear 92saint,

Thank you for your commentary regarding your recent stay. I am please you enjoyed the service and I am pleased to say we are about to launch our new menu shortly, which is more extensive than the current one. We are working towards improving the facilities and offerings and I am confident, your next stay we should hit the mark in more places,

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Rydges Dream beds are always reliable and take me back each time as does my platinum membership which gives me great food discounts. This hotel is central and very comfortable and the staff are very friendly. The rooms are getting tired especially the bathrooms and general decor which are reminiscent of the eighties.However the rooms are a good size and clean and the views across the industrial harbour quite pleasant. The pool looks very inviting but it was a tad cold when I was there so I didn't indulge. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces East so if you don't want the morning sun streaming in ask for the other side (although the window coverings were fairly good at blocking out
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Gladstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear HMLesley,

Great to hear that your enjoy our Rydges Dream Beds, we certainly get great feedback about them. In fact I bought one myself, which you can do on Rydges.com! The pool is certainly great with an outlook over the harbour, and just a great spot to relax.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I spent 1 night at this hotel in June 2014 while on business in Gladstone.

My initial reaction just at the lobby was that the hotel was in serious need of cleaning and probably should just be completely gutted. The rooms look like at some point they attempted to do a renovation but only did about 25 percent.

The sheets on the beds were very poor quality to the point of surprising me.

The good:
    Internet worked reasonably well in my room and was more than adequate for email and general browsing.
    Staff were friendly and accommodating.

With construction on the major LNG projects coming to an end there will be a lot of competition for your hotel dollar in Gladstone and I will try every other option before I go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Timmycanfly,

Thank you for the commentary on your recent stay,

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations regarding the quality of bedding and cleaning. It is pleasing however, that you enjoyed our new free WIFI and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, always good to hear

Reviewed 9 June 2014

on our way home I thought we would stay in Gladstone. As I am a member of Ridge's I chose to stay with them for one night and maybe add another. This is rated 4 star according to RACQ. Well we have stayed in 3 star that where nicer. The staff could not fault, but the room was another thing. The sliding door to the balcony would not lock but they had a chain to help with that not good enough in my eyes, they had a bath/ shower for us this is hard to get in and out of now and not to our liking, then to turn on the light in the bathroom you had to hit the switch to make it come on. For a 4 star rating very poor in dead.

Room Tip: look elsewhere first better places for the same $$$
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Gladstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear KCK55,

Thanks for the commentary regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed that you experienced the issues noted, and I will make sure in retrospect, that the sliding door is fixed.

I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass this on to the team.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Having stayed at several Rydges properties previously I had reasonable expectations. The photos of the hotel are far better than how it actually presents, the property is very dated and in need of some improving.
    The rooms at least have a comfortable bed and 32" flat screen tv.
    Location is central and off street parking available.
    Check in staff were not overly friendly, however staff in the bar were friendly with plenty of good local knowledge about what else was available food wise locally.

Room Tip: Shop around for the best deal as Gladstone no longer has the high demand previously seen in the last few years
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Gladstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Jason_Barrett76,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am pleased that you found our Rydges Dream Bed to your liking. It is disappointing to hear you did not find the front office staff friendly, but on the flip side that you did find our bar staff to be helpful and accommodating. I will certainly take your feedback on board and hopefully, if you choose to stay again, we can not only meet but exceed your expectations..