“Seafood Evening Cruise.”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Seafood Evening Cruise.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had a great time on the Seafood dinner cruise ,the Seafood was chilled and very fresh . It was on a three layer platter , Seafood on the bottom and salads and condiments on the second and bread rolls and sauces. The top had fresh tropical fruit , it was brought to the table by smiling well presented staff . They had a guitarist singing and children were dancing ,we went upstairs to see the scenery . The sights were lit up it was great, and then we come down stairs to have the tarts and coffee we were going to have . We saw the water Police pull up beside us in there boat . There were about six of them they came aboard ,the had the staff looking through their book work and their certificates . They stayed busy till we docked and we had no Coffee or tartlets .That had been a good cruise till then, couldn't they have checked them early in the morning .

Visited January 2014
Dean G, General Manager at Wyndham Cruises, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Annette B,

Thanks so much for your review. Sounds like you enjoyed the cruise, apart from our visit from the Water Police, unfortunately- by law they can board our vessel at anytime day or night to do a routine inspection of our vessel registration,liquor licence,crew certificates etc...It is not a regular occurrence, but it does happen and I am sorry this occurred on the evening of your cruise.

Despite the visit from the Water Police, I was extremely happy to see that you enjoyed everything on offer- the seafood - our talented entertainer - the staff. There is nothing better than providing an experience that makes our passengers happy.

The next time you visit the Gold Coast, I would love to invite you back on our lunch cruise, with myself and the friendly crew, so you can experience the beautiful Gold Coast waterways by day.

The "Friendly Wyndham Team" Thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Morayfield, Australia
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The fiance and myself recently went on the Dinner Cruise (Cocktail Dinner - Unseated) and had a great time.The staff were really nice, helpfull and friendly.The drinks and food were great and the trip itself was amazing.We highly recommend the cruise and we will definatly be doing it again next time we are on the Gold Coast.

Visited December 2013
Dean G, General Manager at Wyndham Cruises, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear ahowell84,

Sounds like we ticked all the boxes for an amazing evening cruise experience! Great views,great service and great food equals one happy customer. How great are the views of Surfers Paradise at night!

Please do come and see the team here at Wyndham Cruises next time you are on the Gold Coast, as we would love to welcome you back on - board our beautiful Vessel.

Sydney, Australia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“No bells and whistles or fancy stuff, just a good old fashioned cruise!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I booked our cruise with a very helpful staff member, we had planned on doing an afternoon cruise as to be honest, I'm not a morning person and my husband and children are slow moving and there is a likelyhood we'd run late and/or miss a morning cruise all-together!

Unfortuantely the only cruise available was a morning cruise (there's Mr Murphy's law again). So the price being very reasonable even without refreshments included (I don't have a sweet tooth, nor do I drink tea or coffee - which is what is offered on the morning cruise) I went ahead with the booking. I was told the bar would be open and I like any excuse to start drinking early!

Thanks to some very good lying on my part we made it to the boat early ;)

The staff were brilliant and the boat was very comfortable with more than adequate seating. The gentlemen steering the boat and giving commentary was both amusing and informative and a hit with the kids. I'm afraid my husband (a real estate agent) may have been a little too talkative, he positioned himself right next to a staff member and asked about certain houses and land sales.

My husband wandered down to the back of the boat when refreshments were made available. There seemed to be two types of cakes cut into bite sized pieces and the quantity was very generous, particulary considering we were a small group.

It was here that a group of what I assume were overseas passengers (I assume this due to the fact that they couldn't speak any English) completely cleared most of the cake in one fell swoop just like a pack of vultures, despite a number people waiting behind them patiently. The rest of the passengers settled for the 6 or so pieces left over and crumbs.

The kids may have wanted a small piece of cake, but they settled for a can of lemonade and some cheese/crackers that I had packed. As I say the fact that there was no cake left didn't concern us in the slightest, just the very poor behaviour of these passengers.

It's sad that due to this dreadful behaviour perhaps management might have to consider placing refreshments in two different areas of the boat to prevent this vulture like behaviour from occuring. I suppose we couldn't impose a code of conduct to people taking the cruise could we? Full credit to the staff who remained helpful and friendly despite the shock they must have felt.

Apart from this one glitch and the fact that we couldn't do the cruise we wanted as the boat was going for servicing later that day, we had a great time. I cannot fault the wonderful staff and very reasonable price.

We really enjoyed ourselves, thank you so much.

Visited November 2013
Dean G, General Manager at Wyndham Cruises, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear L410,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.I am glad to hear that the "Friendly Wyndham Team" give you and your family the complete package from the start of the cruise until the end.

The Wyndham team have worked hard to ensure all of our passengers have a great experience on board our beautiful vessel - from the commentary through to our refreshments.

After receiving your review the team have made some slight changes on the way the cake is served on- board, we are confident that this will stop the behaviour you witnessed, as we strive to ensure the cruise is comfortable for all on-board.

I once again thank you for your review and the "Friendly Wyndham Team" hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
NewPlymouth
4 attraction reviews
“Like No Other .”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The VIP lunch time cruise treatment extended to Betty & myself by Dean Griffin Operations Manager & his staff truly made this experience a trip of a life time.We advise any one visiting Surfers to take the time to go & see Dean at Wyndham Cruises.

Visited November 2013
Dean G, General Manager at Wyndham Cruises, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Betty B,

I love the headline for your review "like no other" the team here at Wyndham Cruises certainly strive to be like no other cruise on the Gold Coast.

It was a pleasure for myself and the crew to have 2 legends from Eltham, New Zealand on -board.
It certainly sounds like you both had a wonderful time. There is nothing better than providing an experience that makes our passengers so happy.

The "Friendly Wyndham Team"Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Wanganui
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Cruise”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We went on the lunchtime cruise and from the first welcome aboard to enjoy the rest of your stay it was brilliant. The staff certainly multitask and work hard but still cheerfully answer questions and make sure you are comfortable. The lunch devine those prawns were the best and huge, plentiful and all the food was very tasty. Such a friendly team and well worth the journey and money! Thankyou for such a memorable cruise and will certainly recommend anyone to take it, all calm water and service the best.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank kabetee
Dean G, General Manager at Wyndham Cruises, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear kabetee,

Thank you for a fantastic review, sounds like you had great time with the "Friendly Wyndham Team"

It also sounds like the "Friendly Wyndham Team" hit the mark with the service which was pleasing to read, and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the crew.

Once again the "Friendly Wyndham Team"thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.