“great experience”

Ranked #1,457 of 2,932 Restaurants in Gold Coast
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2012

my husband and I have been there a few times. have tried the lunch menus and dinner. pizza was quite delicious and the tapas were amazing!!! the staff was okay. had one bad experience once, the waiter asked what we wanted for drinks we just said water please. unfortunately we didn't specify TAP water so they brought us a bottled water which cost us i think around $6! we were naive thinking that they were giving their customers that water instead of just tap water...my hubby was pretty pissed off but didn't want to cause a fuss because the meals were quite good.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

First visit to this beautiful place and will be back! Unlike some others on the strip. Had three courses crab cakes very well presented and delicious then eye fillet to follow just perfect, then yes dessert to follow which was also very nice. Great place well priced, the waiters well they were just are credit to this place well done guys.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I've read these reviews and also others on urban spoon and eatability. I've eaten at pretty much all the restaurants on Tedder Ave and can confidently say Blu Grotto has excellent food and good service. Their grass-fed eye fillet was so tender and cooked spot on. My wife is a chef and claimed that the Barramundi with curry risotto was one of the best she's had on the Coast. I met the owners and will say they were friendly and down to earth. I even brought up some of the points in previous reviews eg the public holiday surcharge. As most places do, the guys charge 15% on public holidays, not 17.5% as mentioned earlier. My guess is someone wrote a review with their knickers in a knot. Coming from a hospitality background, I know places charge this surcharge as their wages on these days are 250% of normal.
Overall, the food was great. The service was great and value for money was also great. I'd happily recommend Blu Grotto and wish the guys all the best. Keep it up and you'll keep seeing us.
D & T :)

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Went there with a colleague to get lunch. Teh waitere was helpful and friendly. there was only us and one other table there.

We ordered the Wagu Burgers. They seemed like just normal burgeres. There was nothing really stand outish about them. There were ok came on Turkish Bread which was nice. Had a nice view of the street, Came with Fat Chips which were a bit Oily.

My colleage had to find the waiter to get anothet drink. Probably won't go back there.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We recently took a group here and were pretty disappointed. The service started off friendly and attentive, but our table was quickly forgotten. Very strange considering we were one of only two tables. The staff seemed to prefer socialising at the bar instead of tending to their only two tables. Our group was happy to stay longer if we'd kept receiving service. Luckily we had great company with us, because Blu Grotto didn't have much going for it.

Perhaps two of our dishes looked "OK", but most of it was pretty sad. The pizzas were very disappointing. They had what looked and tasted like a completely pre-made crust, and barely any ingredients. The ingredients they did use were of poor quality. The pizzas start at $15 (cheese) and are fairly small. When a restaurant like this is serving pizzas, the expectation is that they should at least be fresh tasting and better than the big chains. They're definitely not.

All factors considered, I don't think we'll return here. There's many better options providing quality and value in Main Beach. I really don't like having to leave such a negative review, but I'd urge others not to make the same mistake.