“New managment new menu”

Ranked #1,303 of 3,000 Restaurants in Gold Coast
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We have been visiting Tedder Avenue for years but have not been to blue Grotto for a while. We noticed the sign that flagged the changes and thought that we might see the difference. The experience was very good and I will say that the Blue Grotto is a "must do" when staying in Main Beach.
We had the pan fried salmon and the porterhouse steak and both meals were excellent in presentation and preparation. The wine list is not expansive but there is enough range to suit most diners.
The staff were attentive and pleasant - Give Blue Grotto a go!

2  Thank theredman01

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Visited the restaurant on this trip to find the food and service still excellent. My partner ordered the barramundi rissotto and was very impressed with the quality and flavour of this dish. I ordered the snapper on an Asian salad and it too was excellent. We were booked into the Versace the following evening for a birthday diner, but cancelled due to the weather and the fact that for a lot less money, we could get a wonderful meal at the Blu Grotto Cafe. Husband again odered the barramundi ( when you are on a good thing stick to it is his mantra) and the chef cooked a special chicken breast on the Asian salad for me.
Well priced, consistent food and the staff are a delight. A recommendation from me!

1  Thank JEQC
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We dropped in for late lunch on a Sunday. It wasn't crowded and we were seated quickly by a friendly waiter.

I ordered the chicken caeser salad which comes with a nice soft poached egg and anchovies. The waiter even popped a couple of extra salty little fish on top for me after we had a discussion about anchovies.

Mrs had a pumpkin gnocchi which she was very happy with.

Spot on service. Nice food. Good value. Recommended!

1  Thank fieldfrenzy
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Trying to get into a restaurant without a booking at Marina Mirage on New Year's Day is a long shot. So after negotiating the underground car park for 15 minutes without finding a park, we decided to try Tedder Avenue Main Beach.
The Blu Grotto Cafe (fully licenced) is under new management, but surprisingly wasn't crouded. I wouldn't call it a cafe as the white table linen and quality cutlery and glasswear, gives the impression of an up market restaurant.
I had the baked barramundi with a lite curry risotto, which was done to perfection. Other dishes selected at out table were two different ways of having "Moreton Bay Bugs". One was Italian style with beurre blank sauce and the other in a vodka sauce with pappadelle. Again both cooked to perfection and very flavoursome. All this was washed down with a delightful bottle of "Watervale Reisling".
Then a very reasonably priced bill at the end of the meal at the end made for a very satisfying lunch.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We had a wonderful dinner at the cafe in September. We just checked in to a hotel nearby and we were tired, so our receptionist recommended this cafe to us. We weren't expected much but we were definitely glad we chose to stick with her recommendation.

The service was really good. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating. The food was brilliant. I had the grilled fish with curry risotto and while it seems like a very unique combination, it definitely worked together. My partner had the bugs beurre blanc pappardelle and it was excellent. The only thing I would have changed was that I would have excluded the cheese from there but other than that, it was excellent.

We'll definitely go back whenever we're in Gold Coast again. All in all, our dinner was less than a $100 due to the early dinner discount.