“Valentine's Dinner”

Add it.
The Captains Table
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Me and My Wife celebrated our Wedding Anniversary at Gold Coast, Australia in Feb 2011 and it was during the Valentine's Day. On the 14th Feb, we had our Valentine's Dinner at The Captains Table and we had beef steak. I have been travelling for many years and the steak that I had there was the BEST STEAK that I ever had. It was so tender and juicy. Really mouth watering steak.

The price is very reasonable and the outdoor seating creates a very nice atmosphere. The staffs are friendly.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Rang to book the night before for 8 of us. Were told that it was a no booking restaurant, told they would only give one bill and assured if we were there by 6, they could accomodate us. Tone was not friendly but the menu in all the ads looked great and our kids wanted to try seafood. Got there about 5.45 and were told that they had just given their big table to someone else. We asked if they could push two tables together (the place was about quarter full) and were told they wouldnt do that. We then asked if we could have two tables beside each other and the wouldnt do that either. They said we could come back in 45 mins!!! All this time, the woman we spoke to was going to the back of the restaurant to talk to a man, obviously the boss, who appeared to be holding court. What we gathered was that they didnt like the look of us (4 adults and 4 kids - all very tidily dressed). Must be great to be able to afford to turn away 8 people on holiday!! Would never recommend on the basis of how they treat potential customers let alone guests. Went to an Italian down the road, who pushed two tables together for us and we had a fabulous night of great food and wondeful sevice.

1  Thank JTaylor60
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We should have clicked that this is not a good restaurant when we asked to make a booking the owner was very rude. But the menu looked good so we went what a mistake the servive was painfully slow the food was terrible was not fresh tasting the steaks were meant to be med/raw came out well done carboard would tasted better. The oysters were full of broken shell the seafood had a frozen old taste.
They did deduct the price of my meal steak and seafood as is was that bad I could not eat it.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

A year or so ago this used to be a great family restaurant which made up for the long wait to get a table, and then the fairly slow service. If anything it is now even slower, but the difference is that when the food did finally arrive it was awful. Frozen and canned ingredients that had been popped in a microwave, how can that take nearly an hour to prepare? My wife sent her seafood marinara back right away, frozen seafood in a watery tomato sauce with no detectable flavor (which they had the grace not to charge us for). One daughter had kangaroo, which is ordinarily a tough meat but you couldn't even bite through this, my other daughter picked the pasta out of her salmon. My sons chicken kebabs were dry and flavorless and had a weird taste. I had a scallop noodle dish, which bizzarely had watery boiled carrots and zuchinni. Queensland has a scallop fishery, but these tasted like frozen chinese scallops thawed in a microwave. This has gone in a very short time from being one of the better places in Surfers Paradise to possibly the worst restaurant we have been to anywhere in the world, and yet people were still lined up to get a table. Beats me.

1  Thank Jafdip
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Went with 2 adults 4 children.
Great prices, great food, excellent service. just loved it.
We found this place at the end of our holiday (bummer) so we could only go twice.
Lobster meals started at $23. Lobster with Steak $30.
Eating out on the Gold Coast is very expensive but this place is the exception to that.
Full table service.
Just of Cavil Mall so parking is not so great ,but the walk is nice, plenty to see.

1  Thank mjgmamj