“Excellent service and good food!!”
Review of Charters Towers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Charters Towers
Ranked #2,057 of 2,987 Restaurants in Gold Coast
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We were very impressed with the service at Charters. Our waitress, Sarah Jane, was very nice and professional. Happy with the food but prefer the old menu. Please bring back the duck dishes. They were good.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

The food was lovely and we could not fault the service unfortunately it was like dining in a nightclub due to the music blaring from the bar downstairs. If we were dining at 10pm I might be a bit more forgiving but we arrived at 6.30pm and had to yell over the music just to have a conversation! I don't think jupiters can continue to call charters towers fine dining anymore the noise from the bar is far to intrusive and whilst the food was outstanding we would not go back!

Reviewed 1 December 2011

I have been a fan of Charters simplicity for the last year or do and was looking forward to seeing a new direction, but was very disappointed.
The menu has a few entree, a few mains and about 7 types of steak from various suppliers.
The dishes sounded elaborate, complex and unless you really love red meat - this menu has few other options.

My party ordered beef carpaccio with polenta, which looked nice, tasted nice but lacked seasoning.
My husband - a chef, ordered his steak blue, and was told the chef would not comply, but they would cook it med-rare to med.
The main steaks came plain on a slate (hate steak served on slate! Not pleasant to eat off or listen to, plus you couldn't really see the meat.)
Any sauce or side was bought separately, which I don't mind - you can customise it.
The MR steak was awful - a cheap cut of wagyu. Tough and chewy.
The sauces were non-descript and sides tasted like re-heated leftovers. My snapper fillet was so over-cooked - it was dry, tough and unpleasant to eat, I left it and explained it was unedible.
The service was great - the front of house staff seemed embarrassed by the food, and explained it was only 1 week into the new menu and they were still learning the dishes.

The saving grace of the experience was the service and desserts. The chocolate fondant was perfect, and the meringue with sour cherry sorbet was refreshing.
Beautiful presentation with desserts. Won't go back any time soon.