“The worst restaurant I have been to!”
Review of La Paella Spanish Restaurant - CLOSED

La Paella Spanish Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Sydney
“The worst restaurant I have been to!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The worst restaurant I have eaten at, we ordered paella which came late and it was cold with half cooked chicken with no favour even the waitress was apologetic about the meal I would never go back.

• Visited December 2013

Beaconsfield, Australia
“Friendly service and excellent food.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome, pleasant Spanish music that stirred the soul to want to dance and lovely food served in a Spanish style which brought back many happy memories.

• Visited June 2014
L.A.
“wonderful meal, price is right on”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I decided to try this sidewalk bistro restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised as to just how good our meals were. We met the young chef, who takes his job very serious. I had the combination Paella for one and my wife a seafood dish. The staff was very courteous and also helped me with some doctor suggestions as I had been sick for a few days with bronchitis and a sinus problem. Dine inside or outside on a pleasant day.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Steve-JL.a.
Gold Coast, Australia
“The food's always good even if the service isn't!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

It's a little part of Spain in the heart of Surfers and offers great value in their paellas. I'm not a aseafood eater, but their chicken and chorizo paella for two (at $25.90 each) was outstanding! The chicken was tender, the rice and vegetarian mix faultless and moist, and the quantity more than enough to satisfy our hearty appetite. We've eaten there quite a lot in the olden days and, to be frank, ceased going after a singularly unhelpful experience from one of the principals. However, this last occasion was a triumph, ticking every box, and then some. It's BYO and the corkage is moderate, a bit like the food prices, really. As you'd expect in an establishment like this, the flavourt and the ambience are wholly Spanish, enhanced by the intimacy that a small restaurant provides. Give it a go: you'll enjoy it, I'm sure!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mccorquinn
Melbourne, Australia
“Review of restaurant Feb 14”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We dined at the restaurant and ordered the chef special ($ 49 per person)

Few points :

1. Service was poor despite there being few customers
The entree took 1 hour
The main took 2 hours
We had to ask for the desert to be given

2. The entree was very basic and not tasty with minimal bread provided

3. The sangria was good

4. The paella was average and flavourless

5. Overall, The food was expensive for the quality of food and service provided.

• Visited February 2014
Teresa S, Owner at La Paella Spanish Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Wow anish. First of all it's. Only the11 of February. Today. And u have all ready. Been here. On the 14 of February how dos that work. Also we do not have a $49 a person. Meal. U only ever have written one review. Somethink funny.going on here players don't be. Haters. U no who u are Its funny u wast ur time doing this put ur energy. Into bettering ur buisness lol