“Fantastic Park, clean, friendly, quiet and relaxed.”

Mackay Blacks Beach Holiday Park
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Blacks Beach is the BEST park in Mackay. Close to shopping, right on the beach, which is great for walking. John and Michelle and their team are fantastic, friendly and very very obliging. Their park is super clean and tidy. Highly recommend Blacks Beach if you are looking for a clean, happy and friendly park.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bushtracker20

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We spent four nights on an ocean view site and the view was just wonderful! Lovely quiet park with new amenities blocks and the caretaker managers Megan and Daryl were just beautiful people that made our stay even better..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Hadn't been to Mackay for over 20 years - boy has it grown. Very suburban and the park is in a quiet suburb on a lovely beach which looks out to the islands. I imagine the beach would look much better in the winter months, not just after a cyclone! Park was very well maintained and cabins very clean.
It was the most expensive cabin we stayed in on our trip through NSW and central Qld. I guess the mining industry has contributed to the inflated prices throughout central Qld.It's ashame as Australians are killing their own tourist industry.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AdnilAustinmer
Reviewed 28 January 2014

What a gorgeous place to stay in to experience a wonderful relaxing holiday.Perfect weather everyday. Spoiled ourselves and stayed in a great cabin. It was absolutely spotless, so roomy, and had everything we needed close at hand. We met some lovely people while staying in the park,including management and staff, who were so helpful with local day trip advice,directions, places to eat etc.
We really miss our early morning walks on the beautiful beach and especially listening to the bird life. So looking forward to coming back,felt so safe at all times and really enjoyed our stay.Thank you Blacks Beach Holiday Park.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil M
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed in a cabin for one night during a very long road trip with our two children. The cabin was clean, tidy and well appointed. Park was clean and tidy with a small pool, lots of shade, beach is absolutely stunning, would be good to go in non stinger season and come back with our van.

The only thing that was disappointing was the welcome I received when I checked in. The manager probably needs to have a think about how she greets people on arrival. It doesn't matter how fabulous the park is, first impressions count and has left me with a not so good lasting memory.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Shandykids
Manager-MBBHP, Manager at Mackay Blacks Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our park and I am pleased that you enjoyed your villa and our park facilities. When you arrived at our park to check into your villa you were also towing a caravan which was a surprise to me and once again I'm sorry if my reaction to this came across to you as being unfriendly. You informed me that you had noted this in the comments when making an online booking and had spoken to someone in relation to this. Our villas only have parking space for one car however as we were not busy on the night we accommodated the car and caravan on one of our drive through caravan sites right beside your villa at no extra charge to you. Once you had checked in you sent me an email advising me again that you had noted this in your online booking, I apologized by return email to you for this error in communication. We have since reviewed our online booking policies to ensure this does not occur again. Thank You

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was an amazing spot for us. My husband and I camped here for almost a week. Beach access, clean, modern amenities and friendly staff. There is a BBQ and picnic tables (sheltered) near the camp sites but it's a little walk to the camp kitchen. We'll be back to Blacks beach.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank SamandAmy91
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We booked a two bedroom unit which was well appointed and spotlessly clean. Right on the beach front, the park is situated in a great location. There are some local shops nearby and the Woolworths (supermarket) is a 10 min drive. The pool looked small and uninviting but I think an upgrade is on the cards shortly. I met the female owner who was very surly but not quite the 'Basil Fawlty' some have portrayed, although there were plenty of signs and orders to be obeyed...you must not do this etc. Whilst not exactly a military boot camp, maybe this was a bit over the top? I can only imagine there have been others who have taken liberties.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family