“Basic for overnight traveller”

Miners Lodge Motor Inn
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Mackay
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked in here on our way thru to Townsville. It was ok for the price. Reception lady not very welcoming, but as it was for only one night nothing mattered. The Wifi worked that night but we could not connect the next morning not sure why!! Room was ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have had a surprising experience at this motel, I travel a lot with my work and no many times I get impressed or write a review, however from the moment I checked in in the afternoon I had a great experience the room was clean comfortable bed free internet. What has surprised me the most was the food and the service that I received in the restaurant, I had the best rump stake at this place and the barmen is great we had great discussions and a laugh. I have no reservations in recommending this motel, if you want good food in Mackay this is your place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Sheets were clean, except for the cockroach I hunted as I headed for bed - but it is North Queensland after all!

I had two meals and they were good. And I though, huge. So you won't starve.

I had room 26, which is set up for disabled people. I don't know how a disabled person would flush the toilet - the button was located under the grab rail, and took both hands and a fair bit of my weight to get it to flush!

The shower hose was covered in mould - quite black. across the bottom of it, and tired. To be fair the rest of the bathroom and room were clean.

The room was noisy - if you want to sleep in when there are 4WD's starting up in the parking bays outside, forget it.

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre, nor spa, but there is a pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gbossley
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stopped at the Miners Lodge motor inn in Mackay and had a pleasant evening and rest unfortunately the air conditioner was excessively noisy and while offered the opportunity to shift rooms we didn't thus resulting in wife switching a/c off at 4 am as unable to sleep. While this was a negative the dinner in restaraunt was excellent as was breakfast. Definitely a good stop over point when travelling north..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

layout seemed good as the rooms were large, then we turned on air-con and only the one in the separate bedroom worked.
we had just finished a 15 hour drive and our air-con did not work, called the owner and he came up and played with it, it was definitely broken, he smiled and said they were sorry and only had a room for 3 available and we had 2 teenagers and ourselves, we were given a pedestal fan to move the warm air around for the night. no offer to put an extra bed in that room or a discount on the room, he left with a big smile on his face and I think he feels that if he keeps smiling then all is good.
beds were very hard.
free wifi was hard to connect with, lucky it was free
the bathroom was very much outdated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank townsvillemiss65
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed for one night while we were in transit back to Syndey. From the road I would have thought to find a run down motel but once I walked in to reception I could see a updo was done recently. The room was large and comfy for the stay there. Only fault is the parking as we were there while constructor workers were staying in the area. There trucks were too large for the spots and caused quite the havoc when we needed to park after a long day. The apartment was quiet and we had no road noise in the night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I just want to say thank you for all your help while we where there, we did have a pleasant and surprising experience. I have no reservation in recommending this motel to anyone our stay was great the service is exceptional and yes clean rooms comfortable bed and good food

• Stayed: October 2013