“Wished we had gone here before !”
Review of Hot Wok

Hot Wok
Ranked #7 of 197 Restaurants in Mackay
Price range: US$18 - US$22
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Queensland
“Wished we had gone here before !”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We have been past this place so many times, thought of popping in one day, so when we had to come into town to buy a coffee machine we stayed over night and decided to give this place a go. Firstly we dressed up a little and when we arrived the waitress began to place us right by the door but the manager saw us and moved us to a much better table, just goes to show looking nice helps. We were promptly handed menus and in a short time she was back for a drink order, one bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, nicely priced I must say and in to the menu, what a great choice on the menu. All the favourites you would expect from a Thai restaurant and we could not help ourselves, we just ordered all the stuff we love, Tom yum soup spicy and sanche bau and I just had to add the prawns. What can I say they were fantastic, only issue was I asked for spicier soup than normal but still only a mild tingle on the lips. Then we place all our dirty plates on the two larger plates which had the prawn tails on and the young lad asked if we had finished we said no so I proceeded to pick the dirty plates and prawn tails of the dinner plates and gave us back our used chopsticks !! I said please can we have clean ones and begrudging he said ok, then when the main came he delivered them and as we had no plates or chopsticks he asked us what we were going to do !! We were very shocked, I joked " don't worry about it, we will use the table cloth as our plates" and he actually went to walk away, I said no plates please and he went and got them. Very worrying ! Now back the food it was really nice the fried rice, Karens curry was really rich. This is a great place, young staff need a little coaching, manager lovely lady, nice to have a quick chat while we waited for our cab. Definitely go again , suggest you do too.

Visited June 2014

“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Very good food, very good service! Had the banquet A, tasted excellent. Worth every single dollar.......

Brisbane, Australia
“Average”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Below average food but matches the price big portions but not cooked traditionally from the regions. Dumplings were microwaved but the sushi is very nice.

Visited June 2014
“Great Nasi goreng!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great nasi goreng - an unexpected edible dish in Mackay! I have been disappointed with the standard of food here in Mackay to the extent that I am loathe to eat out due to the high prices and low quality but the Hot Wok has done well with this one.

• Visited May 2014
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Banquet for 9- well done”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Had my farewell dinner here with a party of 9. They seated us at a round table which we loved as we could all chat easily. We all ordered banquet C which cost $29 per person. Great value and awesome range of meals included in banquet. Mongolian Lamb was brilliant. Definitely getting it again next visit. Staff and owner always very friendly and attentive. Restaurant was completely full but we were always attended to and meals arrived very quickly. Can't fault Hot Wok. Best Chinese in Mackay!