“Horror experience!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
Brisbane, Australia
“Horror experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I'm still feeling ill from my stay. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and am very tolerant. First my husband was stung with a huge surcharge because his company had only booked for him. He requested a microwave to heat our diet food and was refused point blank. The room absolutely stank of cheap fragrance from carpet cleaning - I was immediately nauseous. Far too much had been used. Any other place would have apologised and transferred us speedily. The smiling clerk told me I WAS WRONG, refused to even come and smell the room and refused a refund. The room's windows were purposely jammed to open only 10 cm, so airing properly was impossible. The fridge was stuffed with so much junk I had to empty it to get our stuff in. I would not have minded the shabby decor, small shower (hubby is a big man) and no power point at the bed for hubby's CPAP if they looked after their guests and did not rip them off and make them sick. These guys suck - the fee is too much for the old facility and they don't care enough about their guests to solve their problems. The clerk struck me as arrogant, ignorant and insincere with no real customer service skills.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Chloe S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

It started out ok, they quoted us one price on the phone then when we got there they said we could have a back room away from the road for extra, they were not busy so they could have just said same price. The breakfast menu was limited and did not have things one
It we eat so we went and got some to make up ourselves. When I asked to borrow a bowl and knife from the desk she got cranky and mentioned how they supply breakfast and that was her idea of self contained accommodation. There was a toaster in the room bit no plate or knife.
News flash lady, self contained is exactly that, look it up, it means you have facilities to preparing food and shower without sharing. Wouldn't stay here again. Although if you are happy to get their food go ahead I have stayed in worse.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Lyn A
Toowoomba, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

I actually am flabbergasted that I need to write a review. I normally would never take the time but this lady has to learn. I am a regular motel stayer with work and have stayed here before. You would think as a regular customer politeness may be in order. We required 2 or 3 nights accommodation for a few guys working in the area and as Riviera didn't have motel rooms to accomodate us she offered us a discounted rate of $250 to stay at the riviera's 'house' which at her so-called "regular price of $450 per night" you would think it would be akin to 'The Ritz'-apparently not. Dump of a house, no foxtel, no hot water and there was even three redback spiders living in parts of the house which had been there for quite a while based on the web sizes. Anyone can be dissatisfied with accommodation and most owners just apologize and say this doesn't usually happen and try to get you back again - not this lady. When I went to pay for the first night accommodation and tried to cancel the second night, she said I have to pay for the second night anyway whether I stay there or not because she gave me "such a discount". When I confronted her about this, she said she already had my credit card number from my previous stay and unbelievably, standing in front of me entered my credit card details into her machine and took out two nights accommodation and said if I want to stay the second night fine, but its paid for anyway!! Don't stay at this place (I left the redbacks there for her to clean but don't hold your breath).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
8 Thank JasonA747

Travellers are raving about these Toowoomba hotels

Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

I'm a sales rep who stays in motels across the country and this is one of my favourites. Nice modern rooms with clean and tidy bathrooms, comfortable beds and TVs with full foxtel. The room service is also good, with tasty home cooked meals for both breakfast and dinner.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Gympie, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

Very well priced and extremely friendly staff. Had to sleep 6 people so the extra fridge was very handy. The final touch was leaving in the morning and finding a sweet note and freshly cleaned windscreen. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

Upon booking over the phone a week prior to staying we were told that we could check in at 12.30 by kay. Upon arrival at the motel at about 12.15 we were told no, check in was 2pm. When asking why we had to wait till 2, when we had been told by kay herself that 12.30 would be fine, we were informed that the room still wasnt clean. The night before someone had vomited in one of the rooms and they were using carpet cleaners etc and it was taking longer than expected. At this point i was thinking to myself, fair enough.... until she added that everyone there was under a lot of pressure and if we were not happy we could book a room at another motel. After ME apologising to HER for our room not being available... i thought, NO we will spend our money elsewhere thanks. Luckily we were able to book another room almost immediatley in a motel that we had stayed in before and were happy with, but chose riviera because of the earlier check in. I rang back to cancel our room and she was super irritated by this and began going on and on about emailing all clients about how check in was 2pm, i said how is that my problem when she told me it was 12.30. anyway. i told her i would write a bad review and she said she would call solicitors and sue because i had abused her and anything i would write would be slanderous. what a joke. whatever happened to customer service and plain old fashioned manners. i never once was rude or swore. i laughed at her once just before i hung up though. lol

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank nothappy j
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Beds are very comfy, didn't get all 22 pay channels. Units don't cater for familys as claimed the only fridge in the unit was a bar fridge and it was full of grog so young party goers would love to stay just not a young family of 5 with a baby. Hard to move around in. Good place to stay if you are not planning to spend time in the unit it self. Mostly clean but needs a bit of work 2/5 stars.

• Stayed August 2012