“Bad service and hopeless”

Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I spent one night there last year and left it the day after with below experiences;
1. swimming pool was closed.
2.My wife arrived before me and asked them to help her to park her car and they refused to help her.
3.Shampoo container fixed on the shower's wall was not working and they said that they can't do anything.
4.One of the lights was not working and they said we have to wait till day after then they can fix it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert6210, Manager at Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I hope this response finds you well. I have noted the date of your stay and your departure date and your stay was only for 1 night anyway. I also see that it was some time ago that you had stayed but only supplied a response now. The pool was closed as it was after hours when you arrived and we not provide a valet service and nor do we advertise them. The shampoo containers as per the reception log were fixed and the issue with the light was because you did not have your power card inserted correctly. I do hope you return to this great complex and I wish you all the best for your future travels.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stay one night in a 3 bedroom apartment. The staff are friendly, the rooms are spotless. good secure parking.
Its a bit on the high side price wise but it is new and centrally located so I guess its justified

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I thank you for your great response and I hope your Easter went well. We certainly try our best to make everyones stay a confortable one and thank you for comments about the great staff. They certainly do a great job and both my wife and I are very proud of them all. We even get asked by some of out guests if they can work in this complex as everyone has a smile and they are happy. The price of the accomodation is due to demand and like most things this is how prices are adjusted.
I wish you all the best for your future travels and we hope to see you again and once again thank you for your kind response.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We spent the night at Central Plaza recently on a weekend getaway. I've also stayed here on a couple of previous occasions for business trips. Our studio apartment was clean and comfortable and quite well equipped for the price, with kitchen and cooking facilities, a coffee maker and free wifi. The studios are a dual-key setup; that is, there's a lockable lobby shared between two apartments. Not a real problem but can be tricky getting your luggage in and out. Plenty of food offerings within walking distance.

Room Tip: Travel light or get one of the larger apartments.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert6210, Manager at Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your great review. Like many others they enjoy there stay at Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel. I do look forward to your return and I hope you had a great Easter.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We recently stayed in a three bedroom penthouse apartment which cost $450++ a night. What a ripoff!

While the room was very spacious, the decor was very tired with most of the furniture stained and scratched and the carpet quite worn. At this price I would expect some level of comfort. The double beds were tiny. A king or queen bed should really be standard at this price. Also, the master bedroom lacked a tv, another standard item at this price range.

The unit was clean, the underground parking is convenient and the location is central.

Next time we're in Toowoomba, I think we'd stay in a family room at one of the other motels near Queens Park. We'd pay only half the price we paid here and receive the same level of facilities and comfort.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. The prices are set as per demand which are very high for these Penthouses. We get many people providing great comments on them about how large, clean and spacious they are and it is great to find an apartment this large in Toowoomba. We hope to see you again soon and all the best for your future travels.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Lovely hotel with excellent three bedroom apartment. Very clean and comfortable but very, very noisy at night from pubs on either side of hotel. Air conditioning in apartment was very loud. There was hardly any kitchen equipment so impossible to cook much more than bacon and eggs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Robert6210, Manager at Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay but we have no record of this issue. It is always best to give us a call and we would have assisted where we could. Many guests enjoy our apartments, amenities and level of service.
I hope you come back again and I wish you all the best for your future travels.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Checking into room 517 was easy and simple. The staff at the counter were very friendly, even suggesting places that I could go to eat later on in the evening.

I got to the room and was impressed with the cleanliness and spaciousness. The bed was comfy (or at least comfy enough for me to spend one night there) and there were plenty of pillows and blankets. The bed needs to have stoppers on its wheels, however, as I kept sliding away from the bed head as I sat up to watch TV etc.

The only downside of the room was the TV. Whilst there is Foxtel available, the channels don't show up in the Channel List and you need to manually enter channels 7001, 7002, 7003 etc to go through the channels. Apparently (so says the front desk staff) "people fiddle with the TVs and we don't have time to get them all fixed".

I travel to Toowoomba regularly for work and often need to find somewhere for just one night...I think I've found the hotel that I'll be returning to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Room was a good size, a separate air con unit in the bedroom would have been great. Bathroom area is in need of an upgrade/renovation. Bathroom sink wasn't draining away well, informed receptionist early morning and was advised maintenance would fix. Came back to room 9 hours later and still wasn't fixed. Checked with reception and no job was logged at all from that morning. Then advised they would send someone up to look at it. Got poor customer service from maintenance who didn't seem impressed they had to come and fix it at 6pm. Would have been great if this was fixed during the day when the room was vacant so we didn't have to endure the process of 3 staff laughing unblocking the drain while we were eating dinner.
Also, due to the note left for guests to explain what is done in a daily service we expected our sugars, coffee and biscuits to be replaced which didn't happen over 2 days, even after leaving a note to remind them. For the daily service we received, we should have just put our do not disturb sign out.
Hotel is in a very convenient spot, close to a lot of restaurants and pubs. The customer service is lacking however and a smile and helpful disposition goes a long way.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple