“Dont Judge a Book by its Cover!!!”
Review of Downs Motel

Downs Motel
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Whilst there is nothing wrong with the presentaion of this motel, its location within a small shopping centre was not what I was expecting. I havebeen traveling to Toowoomba on a regular basis the last few months for work and with both of the regular motels I usually stay at being fully booked i was recommended the Downs Motel. Whilst it is a 3.5 star I do not normally stay in a lower rated motel but.......... Was i surprised with what I got. I booked one of the Standard rooms which appear to be a more modern room as opposed to their budget rooms (slightly more dated). The room had everything the higher end motels had and included free wifi and only at a fraction of the price of $115 per night. Room service was available in which I took advantage of. Whilst the meals were on the money with the other motels I could not fault the quality of the meal. I would most certainly recommend this motel particularly for the price. I have already booked in for next month.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Dennis M
There are newer reviews for Downs Motel

Reviewed 13 November 2013

You probably won't get a better motel at this price. We had 3 adults to share a room and the Queen Bed with a Single suited us perfectly. We paid the extra couple of bucks for a 'Standard' room instead of the 'Budget'. The room was 'as expected' for this price. A little tired but clean and tidy. The bed was a little past it comfort-wise, but good enough. Basic TV, microwave and bar fridge, kettle and toaster. A few pay TV channels were an unexpected extra in this type of motel. The bathroom felt quite old, but was a good size and once again I couldn't fault the cleanliness. The free Wifi was fast and signal strong despite being at one the furthermost rooms from the office. Noise was not an issue despite being near a main road.The lady who served me at check-in and check-out was very friendly. I would stay here again if needing a budget room for a short stay. If looking for a 'romantic' stay or a little more luxury; best to look elsewhere (and in a higher price bracket).

Room Tip: Despite being near a main road, any room should be relatively quiet. Some rooms are upstairs so ask...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DJ-Napkin
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

What a great motel this is. The room I stayed in was absolutely lovely. Very well presented, clean, had everything I needed for my stay. Free wifi was also a nice surprise. For the busy location I also found the motel to have very minimal noise. I must also give a special mention to the hosts. They were very helpful and made me feel very welcome. Overall I was very impressed with my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank KimRogers_1
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hi We stayed at the Downs Motel 2 nights 27-28/09/13
We found the room Clean and the room size great - The Hosts were very nice and eager to help in any way.
We attended the Toowoomba Golf Club the first night and had the worst meals we have had in 40 yrs.
The second night we tried the Toowoomba Sports Club and the meals were superb and the ambiance of club was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Visited Toowoomba for a 3 day work conference and needed somewhere close to the city centre to stay. I didn't need a 5 star place to stay and wanted something reasonably cheap. Booked a budget queen room at this motel for only $105 per night and was surprised how what I got for my money. Overall the room was reasonably modern for a budget room and was well equipped. The bathroom was slightly dated but was clean, working and the water was hot. Very close to where I needed to be and the breakfast was delicious!! Would definitely recommend staying here..

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Stace8u
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I experienced the Downs Motel for the first time recently and I must say it was one of the most pleasant motels I have stayed in. The rooms are as of a motel style room. Well equipped with the normal essentials including a microwave. The room was modern, the cleanliness was spotless and the added bonus were the hosts. They are a young couple with a wealth of knowledge of the city and showed a genuine interest in my stay. The only hiccup I had was actually finding the motel as it is positioned in amongst a small shopping complex although it certainly didn't effect my stay. They have won a returning guest for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank JonnyG6
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Clean and tidy,but nothing that makes a stay more comfortable for travellers.No exhaust Fan in Bathroom,very little room to move and basic Biscuits etc were not replaced,although we stayed for 2 nights.Will look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple