All reviews free mini bar budget room budget stopover stayed here short stay quick visit needed somewhere per night great pillows free wifi a great nights sleep close to town main road an overnight stay quiet area ruthven street fresh milk
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I was told that there is a flora festival during spring season. It might be glad to revisit during that time. The slow life is all around this city.

The hotel is nice, compact and locate in the quiet area. I would not comment much due to stay less than 6 hours after long drive and checked in very late. The reception was friendly and well organize to drop the key in the late check in box with short message to my mobile. The motel location is safe due to there are lot of safety parking space for your vehicles even late check in. I was welcome with free mini bar; sparking drink, juice, milk, biscuit tea and coffee which should refresh me from long drive. The drawback of late check in was all the nearby foods shop were closed. I had to drive around the city for late supper and end up with easy fast foods. I found out later they were close by 09:00 PM even the supermarket i.e. Woolworth or Coles. The room quality is fair and quite age but it was clean and tidy. The cable TV channels were available together with little microwave and toaster. You could make or heat your snack foods inside the room. The isolated air condition was function and turned to be my excellent heater in the cold night. The hot breakfast would be served to your room if you have booked for breakfast. I did not try it but it would be nice to try next time due to the city is very quiet in the early morning and I had to start my day early. Even it was a small motel but it provided you enough for short stay. I suggest this hotel to all business people, travelers or couple who would like to stay in the quiet and cozy motel in the city of Toowoomba.

Room Tip: Suit for Solo and short stay for business trip
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 592patrick
Di G, Manager at Downs Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Hi Patrick, Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You have Toowoomba well covered, it has a great country vibe.
See you next time your in Toowoomba.
Regards

Reviewed 21 July 2017

All I needed was a bed to put my head for the night. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. Very thankful for the reverse cycle system to keep warm as it was very cold. The staff were incredibly helpful and very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank arlenebyrne
Di G, Manager at Downs Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Kind Regards Di

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Now the second time Ive stayed on business and just gets better. Check-in was very welcoming, location is very central and rooms/bedding looks to be upgraded since my last stay.
Very comfy bed and I just love the free minibar - yes, thats no cost. who does this without asking for a loan?
Breakfast served on time and was fantastic! Free wifi and secure parking away from the street.
See you next trip.

Room Tip: All rooms seem quiet due to location set back from the main road
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NeverBloodyHome
Reviewed 14 July 2017

For $99 per night you can't go wrong. Its not flash but its clean, homely and comfortable. The check in staff couldn't have been more helpful. Car parking was plentiful and the location means its close to the city centre. For a no frills, overnight stay - look no further.

Room Tip: rooms away from the front are a little quieter
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 2017Andrea
Di G, Manager at Downs Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hi Andrea
Yes our rooms are clean and comfortable and our location is great for people doing business in the city. Hope to see you again.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great Motel for a quick visit - rooms are super clean and facility is close to many styles of meals. Staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Good job guys !! Could recommend this motel - good off street parking and easy to get to and to get out in the morning.

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank Graham L
Di G, Manager at Downs Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hi Graham, Thanks for the great feedback. It's our pleasure to make your stay the best it can be and we look forward to having you stay again when your in Toowoomba next.
Kind Regards