Park Motor Inn
Applegum Inn(Toowoomba)
  • Restaurant
Motel Glenworth(Toowoomba)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the roadbit datedmargaret stseen better daysroom servicebotanical gardenswould stay here againgreat bedup to datequiet areagood sizebedscarpetmotelcbdmattresscleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We booked this motel through the web before we arrived after a ten hour drive. We have never written a review before however we feel we must on this occasion . The only reason we stayed here and did not leave was the fact that we were dead tired. To start with the room were NOT clean at all. We have stayed at lodgings all around the world and many third world countries. Having stayed at many places of a budget type over many years we have no hesitation in stating the rooms here to be the dirtiest ever encountered! The bathroom sink has obviously not been cleaned for weeks . The slime on the basin was thick and black. There were dead and live cockroaches also. I will not go on with any more as I am sure I have made the point which needs to be made

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Dawa B
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Slightly dated motel with great staff and clean rooms. Close to down town, opposite the park. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Knuddys
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed overnight while travelling through at Easter,basic room with queen sized bed $110 a night,lovely and clean,comfy bed,extra blanket and pillow in cupboard.Bed very comfortable,great air/con and flat screen tv,fridge full of drinks to temp you,but after reading price list soon changed my mind.No microwave in room,which would of been handy as i like to buy microwave meals to save money on buying meals.
Was very hot weather in Toowoomba,the pool was all covered over and looked like it hadnt been used for ages?
Exellent location,close to the main CBD.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank KAEQld
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I have used this motel a number of times over the past 10 years or so when on business trips to Toowoomba. 5 night stay on this occasion. Main attraction is that it has a very good restaurant and bar so no hassles with a drink and meal after a hard days toil.
Rooms are comfortable with usual facilities. They are serviced to an acceptable standard but like many places its the little details that let them down. One day tea bags were not replenished (common enough complaint as I travel around to the extent that I carry a few in my suitcase). Whilst I am sure that I could have got replenishment from reception it just niggles. Another day the shower area was obviously not visited because the towels were still as I left them. Minor issues and so easy to fix. One strange thing I noticed that the pool seemed to be out of commission with a pool cover permanently in place. Did not bother me as I was not on holiday or felt the need for a swim. Maybe if you asked the pool cover would be removed. Just seemed a bit strange at the height of summer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AussiePommy
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I stayed overnight with my grandson. We had already spent the night at another location. We were supposed to return home to Brisbane but loved Toowoomba so much we decided to stay another day. The accom we had stayed in was booked out, however, so we had to find another place to stay for the night. Driving past, we saw this Motor Inn and liked the location so thought we'd give it a try. It's right opposite Queens Park so lovely to walk across the road for my grandson to run and play (he's 8 years old). From there, it's walking distance down Margaret Street to the shops and movie theatre. In our room we had a queen bed and a single. Both very comfortable and clean. Nice hot shower. Aircon, tv, tea/coffee making equipment. If you're like me and like fresh milk in your tea then do remember to pick some up on the way as only the UHT type is provided. There is a restaurant which looked nice but we didn't use as we were eating out. We did have room service for a cooked breakfast. It was delivered on time, hot and I was happy with it as was my grandson. Overall, I think this Motor Inn is very good value for money and I would stay here again for sure. I think it's a great base for exploring Toowoomba and surrounds. The cost of our stay, including breakfast, was $127.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family