“Great Weekend”

Comfort Inn Glenfield
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hi All. Stayed at Comfort Inn Glenfield early May 2014 great service, food and rooms, The New Managers are lovely people couldn't do enough for us, would certainly stay there again no problem. In fact we are booked to stay again in August.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This is an old style motel, and while a little dated, is quiet and very comfortable. One of the benefits of being older is it has a very solid construction meaning you cannot hear people in the next room (very rare in newer places, but very desirable for a solid nights sleep). Easy parking to door, and reasonable Internet (500mb per 24 hrs, good speed). It is about 3.5kms to the downtown area - which is a flat half hour walk or quick taxi ride.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a nice and clean place which is hard to find these days, even in the four and five places I usually prefer to stay. Since I was on a 'family' trip and only an over-nighter this suited just fine.
Very impressed with the fresh and clean bathroom which I wasn't expecting.
Could use new mattresses. But the family room we had was well fitted, modern and I would stay there again if I was on a lay-over.
Location was good for my purpose since my family is scattered all through the region, though it may be problematic for others depending on their purpose for their visit.

Room Tip: Ask when they were last refurbished/renovated, just because it is an older hotel and I am not sure i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Although on the main road the room was quiet and had been tastefully renovated so that it felt new. Car parking was undercover and a wide protected space. Check in was a little fussy for my tastes though, I was asked to show my drivers licence, for goodness sake, something I was surprised at and cannot ever remember having to do that in the past in OZ. The queen bed was also sagging on one side, but when I checked out they said they would change it. At $139 for a single room I thought it was on the pricey side as it is just a nice but ordinary motel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

If you are looking for somewhere to sleep, maybe watch a movie, then this is the place to stay. Comfort Inn is modern and clean. It is not self contained but I do think it would be to their credit to put a microwave in the rooms. There is no sink only in the bathroom. It does have great movie channels. We stayed for two nights and twice had to get the same car removed from our parking spot, minor drama but a bit annoying. The staff were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony so you don't feel boxed in.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Comfort Inn Glenfield Toowoomba we had what we might say was a perfect nights accommodation.
Spacious - Modern - Immaculately Clean - Comfortable - Great Restaurant - with all amenities of a 5 star at a very affordable price.

Management & staff were very courteous & helpful making for pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Room 5 was located off busy Ruthven street very quiet -
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I stayed in a room in this motel for one night and found it to be simply an average motel room. The bed was only a double and quite uncomfortable and the remainder of the fittings, bathroom and appliances were honestly standard for an average motel that charges $160.00 a night. I have spent $155.00 a night to stay in a luxury boutique hotel in Melbourne. Now knowing what the room quality is like at this motel, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business