“very nice stay”

Comfort Inn Grammar View
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was a superb and comfortable motel, very clean, and the rooms had everything you needed. Bathroom was spotless. The owners were very kind and helpful. Great breakfast. Central to everything. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Grammar View

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The Grammar View is at the higher end of the sort of experience you will get at a more-or-less standard Australian motel. There's a lot to like ... good location in a nice leafy suburb, close to the city, plenty of parking, recently refurbished rooms (or so it would appear), friendly service, and an on-site restaurant with very good food. The bathrooms have been re-configured to remove the bathtub and put an oversize shower recess in the same space: an excellent choice. Travelling on business, I appreciated the free wifi and large, convenient desk space. The only problem I experienced was a weak signal and intermittent connectivity which did make work a bit difficult at times. I have to confess I didn't have the in-house breakfast. If you can wait until 8am, the charming and irresistible Cafe Valetta is a few blocks away on the same road towards the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have stayed in other locations in Toowoomba but never returned due to noise, cramped conditions and bad service. I am delighted to say we don't have to shop around anymore. Extremely happy all round. No noise from the very busy road outside or from neighbouring rooms, plenty of space to move around and fantastic service. The meals at the restaurant were amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ironbarkers
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Booking a 'motor inn' I didn't have high expectations. Of course I just wanted it to be clean and reasonably comfortable for a cheap price. When I opened the door to our bottom floor room I had quiet a nice surprise. It was a lot larger than I expected with a separate bedroom with a queen bed, a single bed, large wardrobes and a tv. In the large lounge room there was a comfortable sofa bed with nice coffee table, large tv and a dining table to complement the decent size kitchenette. The bathroom was very large with double size shower and plenty of bench space. Everything was clean and tidy and comfortable. The only negatives was that the pool needed cleaning although it was nice and heated! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We arrived around 11pm (we rang beforehand advising of late check in), not a problem.
Our room was clean and more than adequate, as too was the bathroom.
We only just managed to drive our car under the driveway (4WD with tenting etc on the roof), which was great, as it never occurred to me to enquire about such a problem!!
If you're after somewhere clean and hospitable, only a short drive from the main drag, in what is a lovely area, then this place is for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The motel ticked all the boxes for value and comfort. Although not luxury accommodation the rooms were clean and modern. The room was quite spacious by motel standards. We had plenty of room for the week-end for both of us to move around and store belongings. More than adequate hanging space, drawers and places to store bags. The addition of a table and chairs made it easy to relax without having to sit on the bed. A handy small balcony looked out onto the pool area. The bathroom was also spacious and modernised. Despite being conveniently on a main road I did not hear the traffic noise. The reception staff were very friendly and most helpful with information. Although we didn't have breakfast in the dining room our friends did and were very happy with it. I would certainly stay here again if visiting Toowoomba.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband, our two children and myself spent the night here back in July when relocating to toowoomba. I compared a lot of rooms online and was so surprised buy be priced I got my husband to re read the fine print to make sure there were no hidden charges for the kids! I wasn't expecting much but it was great, the kids had their own room off ours with a small wall mounted tv, the main room was large with a small couch, queen bed, 4 seat dining table and plenty of room. Bathroom had a full size bath with shower over it. Every thing was spotlessly clean, the staff we dealt with were lovely and over all it was a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family