“Perfect for Business”

Burke and Wills Hotel
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
“Perfect for Business”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Spotless rooms. Excellent food and Service. Great location for working in the city centre. Ten minutes from the airport. Plenty of parking. Traditional ambience and character. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: This is Toowoomba. The views are the same both sides.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Have been staying in Burke and Wills for a number of months now on bussiness trips from Brisbane. I have found the staff members very friendly and professional. The rooms are spacious, clean and tidy. Austar available in most rooms. Airconditioned and adequent bathroom.
Restaurant has a fairly extensive menu choice with plenty of fine wines to accompany the delicious meals.

Room Tip: Some rooms on Level 6 do not have Austar
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice and clean older place. Initially I thought it was going to be pretty average but was pleasantly surprised. The bistro meal was great nicely cooked steak. Room was an acceptable size. Would look at staying there again .

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It suited us perfectly! The room was huge and the bathroom very generous. It was warm and very comfortable. We loved the convenience of the restaurant downstairs and the meals were very satisfying and generous! Would definitely stay here again.!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor at the far end.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank zigzag111
Chimayo, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were put up at this hotel by my husband's company. It's been a little while since we were there, so I don't remember too much about it. I recall a problem with the air conditioning, but they were responsive and fixed it promptly. My husband left his toiletries kit there by accident and they were very helpful in making sure he got it back. Also I loved the lorikeets that roosted on a tree in their parking lot.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Was a lovely venue for this purpose. Cocktail area was just lovely & nibbles were delicious.. Service was very, very good. Meal for reception was a little disappointing, but overall a great place for a wedding reception.

Room Tip: Was only there for Wedding Reception but did not stay as we are local. Apart from this, we eat ther...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here over the Easter long weekend in 2014. Looking on Google Maps, it seemed that the Burke and Wills was in a reasonable location and was reasonably priced in comparison to the other hotels over the weekend.

Despite being delayed significantly in my arrival, the staff members and the B&W were able to check me with a smile and were very accommodating of my last minute request as I had a third person joining the room needing a separate bed. The staff member who checked me in offered to provide me with maps of the area, a brief rundown of what was nearby as well as drink vouchers for the three of us.

The hotel itself is very clean - the lobby is immaculate and has a nice ambience to it, although the sound from the bar attached was a bit overwhelming throughout the weekend. The room we stayed in had two single beds as per our request and was absolutely spotless, although the TV was in an awkward spot (not in direct line of sight of either bed).

Perhaps the ONLY complaint I have about it is the odd frosted window from the bathroom to the main room. Whoever is in there can cast some very interesting silhouettes when the lights are on.

Based on my experience here, I have already booked my next stay in Toowoomba for next year here. This is the first ever time I have booked to stay in a motel twice in Toowoomba. The Burke and Wills provided excellent service, a clean room with nice little touches such as free wifi, complimentary drinks and superb room service which has made it a must-stay for me in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Donnalea B, General Manager at Burke and Wills Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review Bajar! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Easter weekend and have re-booked your next visit to Toowoomba with us already. I am glad the staff were helpful and you enjoyed the "added extras" that we provide (wifi etc). I appreciate your feedback regarding the frosted window - it is not something that has been raised before but certainly will consider your feedback when we undergo our renovations. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!